Lead Software Engineer-Full Stack
- Palo Alto, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The Data Product Development division is part of the Visa’s technology organization. The division is responsible for providing value added product and services to our clients and for internal use. The client access to these services are enabled through a set of Data API, BI and Analytics products & Data. The data access is enabled via Web, Mobile and Web services. The BI product group is part of the Data Product Development division that develop and manages various BI and Analytics products and services.
The role is a self-organized Lead SW Engineer with a solid background in implementing substantial applications both Web/Mobile and Web Services supporting large numbers of users and applications. Architecture, design & development of various BI products and services and the end to end implementation of these services. The data services developed using Java/J2EE and messaging technologies.
- Design and develop BI Products as web/mobile interfaces
- Design and Develop Web Services as BI and Analytic products
- Data management services
- Geo Spatial Services
- Web Visualization and Real-time Streaming Services
- Develop framework for the roll out of new BI and Analytics products by integrating with various BI and Visualization tools
- Develop Security & integration components for data extraction, & internal /external application integration
- BS / MS in Computer Science, or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- ~8+ years of Web and Web service development using J2EE
- Development experience in a Cross-platform, multi-tier environment
- Development experience in Cloud/Virtual environments
- Open source framework experience such as Angular (1.* & 2) , Spring, JQuery, D3, Node.js, Docker etc.
- Message based application development using JMS, MQ Series/Rabbit MQ.
- Big data Hadoop, No SQL database such as HBASE
- Test Automation and Continuous integration using Selenium, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Experience in implementing search using Elasticsearch, Solr
- Location based services using Google Map, ESRI, Trillium etc.
- Experience in integrating third party APIs
- Relational database and SQL development experience
- Agile development experience
- BI tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau knowledge is a plus
- Experience using version control (GIT, Stash) and bug tracking (Jira) tools
- Kafka, Spark, Python is a plus
- Self-motivated, fast learner, great verbal and written communication skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.