Intern (Undergrad) - Software Engineering
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout the 10-12 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you’re up for the challenge, please consider joining our team.
Job duties may include:
- Participating in POC for new ideas
- Analyze, design, code and unit test software solutions and enhancements for the application
- Implementation of given assignment in a single development lifecycle, from Analysis and Design, Build, QA, Security, and Deployment. Begin to learn best and secure coding practices and standards.
- Automating the existing processes to reduce the manual workflow
- Developing test automation tools to automate the validation in CICD pipeline
- Creating visual tools for the application monitoring
- Documentation for the solution
- Students graduating in 2019 or later (unless enrolled to pursue an additional degree in Fall 2018)
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.