Sr. SW Engineer -Billing Platform Analysis and Testing
- Austin, TX
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
The candidate will work in Billing and Incentives Team and will focus on testing and test automation of our Revenue and Billing Applications built on ORMB platform. The ideal candidate will bring in depth experience in testing large volume financial systems. This role will participate in planning and execution of application testing (including functional and performance), application configurations, system and data analysis, test data generation, building test automation and perform overall quality assurance to ensure successful delivery of complex business capabilities.
- Hands on configuration and testing of Revenue Systems including pricing, rating, billing, accounts receivable, accounts payables, interfaces and revenue reporting functions.
- Test planning and test strategy development using industry best practices, including planning for test phase and scenarios, test data, test environments and external testing dependencies.
- Test ORMB solutions in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability, security and compatibility with other legacy- and / or external systems.
- Develop test automation of test plans, scenarios and scripts, and manage test artifacts/deliverables.
- Build test data generation tools.
- Develop plans, schedules, metrics, data needs and scenarios for end-to-end integration testing including areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability.
- Perform quality assurance testing inclusive of unit, systems, integration and regression testing, and support the development of automated test scripts to be used to automate regression testing.
- Drive collaboration across multiple testing teams to perform end-to-end integration test activities.
- Work with project managers to provide testing estimates, schedule planning and providing status updates.
- Support agile activities: sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
- For the issues identified do a detailed root cause analysis, fix configuration issues or work with development team on defect resolution.
- Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Participate in code reviews with team members.
- Collaborate with business partners on user acceptance testing including defining the entry and exit criteria, coordinating with infrastructure team to get environments ready, perform data setup and triaging the defects.
- Perform walkthrough of test results with finance business partners.
- Work with limited direction, within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels
- Must be self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced agile delivery model.
- 4 years or more of relevant experience in application analysis/design, testing, test automation, business system analysis and quality assurance.
- Experience working with business to clarify and elaborate the requirements and turning them into comprehensive test scenarios.
- Hands on experience in creating test strategy, test planning, test scenarios and executing test cases. Provide metrics on execution and defects.
- Experience preparing test data based on the business scenarios and writing tools to prepare test data.
- Ability to study and understand complex data models and write complex SQLs, preferably with Oracle Database.
- Hands on experience in quality assurance test automation with such tools as Selenium, cucumber, Ruby, Jenkins or similar will be a plus.
- Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripts.
- Business domain knowledge in the areas of financial applications, billing, general ledger and accounting practices.
- Experience in testing, building/coding, implementing and supporting Oracle Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB) or other Oracle Utilities Application framework based billing products Like CC&B.
- Good understanding of ORMB/CC&B functionalities (Transaction Feed Management, Rules Engine, Billing, Rating, Pricing, GL, Payments, Credit/Collections, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables).
- In depth understanding of ORMB data model.
- ORMB Configuration experience with setting up Customer Information, Rate Schedules, Approval Workflow, Pricing, TFM/Rules etc. Advanced ORMB configuration experience like setting up UI Zones and maps, service scripts etc is a plus.
- Prior experience working in agile delivery model.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- Candidate must be able to proficiently multi-task and be able to work independently or in a team environment
- Bachelors or Master's degree in a Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Services or other relevant Engineering discipline.
- Experience in mid-to-large size companies (2000+ employees) will be a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.