Business Development Leader, MSA Myanmar
- Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This Business Development Leader position has the responsibility for managing Visa’s Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MSA) function in Myanmar, with the primary focus on deepening Visa’s relationship with key strategic merchants and Acquirers, and broadening Visa’s acceptance footprint across all channels including face to face, online and mobile. This role will involve overseeing the development and implementation of card acceptance strategies to grow the penetration of electronic payments in designated merchant segments to drive the increase of Merchant Sales Volume (MSV) via merchant initiatives and projects that will grow revenue.
The candidate will be located in the Yangon office, as this brings proximity to the market being covered. This position is responsible for understanding and communicating local market needs, effectively defining market specific strategies with the help of Hub support to execute strategies in a timely manner, working with the country team, and Cybersource teams as the industry and thought leader amongst our clients and partners. The role is required to work in conjunction with Singapore Hub colleagues to learn and transfer best practice learning to support the implementation of merchant initiatives in Myanmar. The role must establish and foster strong relationships with both external and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff.
This position will cater favorably to those candidates with experience of doing business in developing markets. The ability to speak Burmese would be an advantage though not a pre requisite. The candidate should be someone who has a high level of energy, motivated by meeting client objectives, and have the ability to leverage existing relationships as well as forging new relationships with financial institutions (acquirers), online businesses, and related technology service providers. Most importantly we are looking for a person who is experienced in payments and can operate competently and independently in a developing market.
- Plan Acceptance strategy for Myanmar, and identify merchant segments and specific measurable initiatives for card acceptance solutions and implementation
- Drive Visa’s acceptance strategy into key everyday spend segments with a primary focus of opening up new segments for cards
- Increase Visa MSV, market share, and influence client and merchant-consumer preference of Visa.
- Development and implementation of merchant acquiring strategy and business planning
- Direct in market acceptance funds to ensure goals are supported in a cost effective, timely manner
- Development of new initiatives/acceptance solutions (contactless, mPOS, miniPOS, softPOS, tokenization, etc), implement marketing/usage initiatives targeting traditional and new merchant segments, mostly in face-to-face environment, but to an extent eCommerce channels
- Actively participate in promotion of best practices, education and sales efforts with merchants and clients related to MSA and Cybersource.
- Successfully translate strategies into specific objectives and action plans, aligning efforts with key stakeholders
- Establish and foster relationships with clients and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff
- Support local Client Relationship Management Teams with their sales efforts on MSA and Cybersource solutions
- Ensure a sound and healthy working relationship with the key merchants in new merchant segments and competitive product developments
• Professional Degree (preferably MBA) with minimum 12+ years business development management and/or marketing experience in Asia (preferably Southeast Asia), with increasing levels of responsibility (or equivalent experience)
• Proven ability to deploy, mentor and manage business development
• Understanding of Merchant Acquiring, Fintech and retail business.
• Working knowledge of Visa systems (ideal)
• Working knowledge of payments network and processing services
• Knowledge of the full breadth of Visa’s merchant solutions and Cybersource products
• Microsoft office tools e.g. Powerpoint, Excel, Word etc
• Experience in delivering strategies in the industry
• Track record with managing business development staff
• Strong Influencing and negotiation skills
• Sales and Relationship management skills.
• Project management
• Strong oral and written communications
• Experience shaping and delivering defined strategies
• Broad and multiple industry exposure.
• General Finance and Accounting.
• Business Analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed business development quotas in payments industry, technology services, or related industries
If you’re interested in a career that will surprise you – get in touch with Visa today.