Staff Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Visa Corporate IT (CIT) group has embarked on a major technology transformation journey and Open Revenue Systems (ORS) plays a key role transitioning revenue systems to next generation technologies. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay, and to be paid, for everyone, everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As part of this strategy, Open Revenue Systems team is looking for curious, creative, and technology experts to join our growing team. We focus on delivering solutions for Visa's Pricing, Invoicing and Operating Certificate applications, which are used by Visa business partners to service our clients globally.
Visa is fueled by team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be. You will be working with colleagues, who will help, support and challenge you every day. The successful candidate who join this position is expected to be adept in leading our services for customers in a DevOps environment in Visa Bangalore Office.
- Design, Code, Document and Implement new applications & as well as existing programs.
- Mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality.
- Serve as development point of contact for complex technical software development issues, problem analysis and resolution.
- Business and Technical analysis, design, coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solutions for new development, system enhancements, and production support.
- Work with architects, systems analysts, project managers, QA and other developers to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards.
- Responsible for the architecture, design, development, implementation of online and data based applications.
- Interact with business units to define requirements/modifications and use case to utilize in designing appropriate solutions.
- Provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solution.
- Coordinate design activities, testing frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code.
- Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/J2EE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
- Collaborate with Development & QA staff on individual and team deliverables.
- Comfortable working in a loosely structured, fast-paced organization.
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Build working relationships with global and virtual teams on software development.
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies.
- Work closely with project team and other groups (e.g. Network, QA, Ops, Engineering)
- 8+ years of experience in design and development of large scale Information products and services using Java/J2EE technologies.
- Proficient in Spring, Hibernate and SQL.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Webservices Development using SOAP or REST, JSON and XML.
- Proficiency in GIT/Stash, Maven and Jenkins is preferred.
- Experience in NoSQL Database like MongoDb platforms is preferred.
- Ability to solve complex software development/design issues.
- Ability to write clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Experience developing as part of Agile/Scrum team is preferred.
- Passionate about delivering zero defect code that meet or exceed the proposed defect SLA and have high sense of accountability for quality and timeliness of one's own deliverables and team deliverables.
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects and manage priorities based on changing directions.
- Bachelor Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or related technology/engineering discipline.
- Past experience in Payment industry and Commercial product line is a plus.