Lead Software Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Lead Software Engineer is responsible for leading both the DevOps and Application Support functions within the Open Systems Support team from a technical perspective. A successful candidate will collaborate with the Manager of the Open System Support team to complete the buildout of our CI/CD and Patching automation initiatives, various server upgrades, and creation of new environments among other tasks. Training and mentoring team members is also a key responsibility.
As a key member of the support team, the candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Identify and drive process improvements
- Act as a mentor to other team members and an escalation point for problem resolution.
- Work cross organizationally for prompt and effective problem solving.
- Cultivate, support and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity and teamwork.
- Provide technical and architectural guidance for systems that are reliable, massively scalable, highly available (99.999% uptime), and maintainable.
- Create & foster best practices within the team for: CI/CD, Configuration Management, etc. Including Monitoring and Testing standards.
- CI/CD automation tuning and Infrastructure Performance monitoring/improvements.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university.
- 10 + years of experience designing and supporting complicated, full stack applications and infrastructure (Load Balancers, Operating Systems, Networking, etc.).
- 10+ Years of experience with SQL Server, stored procedures and database design.
- 10+ Years of experience using C#, ASP.NET 4.0 and the .Net framework.
- 10+ Years of experience with AJAX, WPF, WF, and the MVC/MVVM design pattern.
- 10+ Years of experience in defining remote communication methodologies such as web services, WCF, MQ, and Rest.
- Understanding of SOA principles and Web Services technologies: REST & SOAP.
- Experience in relational database usage with commercial-grade databases.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Windows/UNIX/Linux background.
- Experience with application containers such as Tomcat, WebSphere and Windows IIS.
- Experience with deploying solutions to converged or virtualized infrastructure environments.
- Experience with Payment and/or Credit Card processing.
- Experience with build environment using Maven/Jenkins and continuous integration tools.
- Experience with performance tuning.
- Experience with integrating third party Web Services.
- Experience with Windows Administration and PowerShell Scripting.
- Experience in Windows IIS Administration and configuration.
- Experience in Network and Virtual Machine(VM) administration and configuration.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.