Senior Program Manager
- Beijing, China
Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, banks and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities. We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Visa’s Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone’s digital and mobile lives. At DDP, we are focused on creating smarter payment solutions that provide fast, easier ways to pay with phone, web and other digital devices wherever you are – remote or proximity payment.
- The Senior Program Manager in Digital and Mobile Product Development
(DMPD) is responsible for overseeing the development and deployment applications to support the China domestic market including the buildout of Visa Digital Commerce Application (VDCA) capabilities to continue the establishment of an easy to use, globally standard, reliable and
scalable VDCA product for clients and partners to leverage and to meet the ongoing needs and requirements of Visa’s Digital and Mobile Products. VDCA aims to displace cash, increase acceptance and provide alternate payment experiences that meet fast evolving consumer needs of the digital era.
- The Senior Program Manager will be a key contributor to developing the technical Program Roadmap to support China domestic processing and establish agile project management processes to guide/track development.
- The Senior Program Manager in this function will provide senior leadership for the end to end lifecycle - planning, execution and implementation of the capabilities that fall under all four of these domains.
- This is a highly visible position that interacts with a broad spectrum of
stakeholders including management at varying levels, developers, architects,
business leaders and the like; and is a critical interface with other organizations with in Visa.
- A strong candidate will have a solid experience with technology product and project management, cross-functional team leadership, PMO leadership, as well as exceptional business analysis, problem-solving, cross-team coordination, communications, project/program management, processes, and change management skills. The ideal candidate is not just a facilitator or project plan tracker, but encourages and enables others to get things done. The ideal candidate must have a drive to get things done and a "make it happen" attitude.
- 10+ years of industry experience as a Program/Project
manager within a technology environment, with a record of successfully
delivering complex software systems or services
- 3+ years of industry experience leading & supervising a team.
- Experience incepting new development programs and establishing Agile project management processes.
- Familiarity with mobile app development, mobile payments,
web services, transaction workflow modeling and enterprise application
- Strong verbal and written communications skills,
position-appropriate mentoring/leadership abilities, ability to quickly master
new systems and/or processes, capacity to stay organized while managing
- Comfort and excellence in presenting information to large groups and executive leadership.
- Ability to take ownership of multiple large projects, develop a plan for execution, and lead & inspire a team to successfully deliver.
- Be an ‘Agent for Change’ – possess the ability to identify and collect critical metrics, identify areas of improvement, and continually drive a ‘change culture’ to implement those improvements.
- Solid understanding of all facets of mobile application
development lifecycle (SDLC/PDLC) and program and project management
techniques, methodologies and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of agile development practices (especially
Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools (e.g. Rally). Direct hands on
experience with developing story outlines, writing user stories, grooming
product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a
fast paced, ever changing environment
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and
technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the
organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in business, computer science or
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.