Manager, Corporate Communications
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit
products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow
Behind the Visa brand are more than 5,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa's Manager of Communications will work across the team to support the promotion of Visa's innovation and technology leadership through new products, services and partnerships. The Manager will play a critical role in project management of multiple global communications campaigns and work streams. Beyond project management, the manager will also support media relations, analyst relations, influencer management, events, budget tracking, measurement and supporting the communication team organization and infrastructure. The ideal candidate will exhibit a clear understanding of the changing media landscape, strong research and problem-solving skills, creative thinking, project management expertise, a global mindset, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Work across the internal and external communications team to support and promote innovation and technology initiatives.
• Project manage communications plans, taking ownership of tactics and outcomes from beginning to end of the project
• Build strong internal relationships with business partners and communication colleagues
• Manage ongoing communication with Visa’s network of global communications partners, including compiling agenda, leading bi-weekly calls and drafting recaps
• Develop reporter briefing documents and speaking briefs for various Visa spokespeople
• Research, develop, and monitor editorial calendars for Visa’s products, services and technology initiatives
• Update and manage various Visa fact sheets and information
• Develop, write and edit communications for senior executives, including emails, op-eds, social media posts and internal and external presentations
• Assist with budget tracking, opening scope of work requests, managing and reconciling purchase orders and complete timely receiving in accordance with Visa policies
• Assist in creation of written materials, including but not limited to: news releases, blog posts, fact sheets, executive briefing materials, opinion pieces, and related collateral and social media extension
• Have a passion for, and deep experience in, developing and executing media relations programs. This includes building and maintaining reporter relationships, identifying story ideas, pitching stories and managing through to point of coverage
• Utilize social media channels to amplify campaigns and support core media relations activities
• Work with partners to manage third-party initiatives or announcement
• Assist with logistics and planning for Visa media events
• Work with the sponsorship team when leveraging NFL, Olympic and FIFA assets to promote products, technology and brand
• BA/BS degree required.
• 1-3 years public relations experience, ideally with a mix of agency and internal positions
• Creative, curious, positive and high-energy individual with an ability to execute
• Highly effective project management skills and proven track-record of managing projects within a highly matrixed organization or teams
• Comfortable collaborating – you’re at home working with teammates whether they’re in marketing, legal or government relations
• Experience working on large events that require cross-functional collaboration
• Exceptional writing and editing skills
• Effective at problem solving
• Excellent verbal communication, including interpersonal and presentation skills
• Passionate about the technology industry and communicating Visa's role within it
• Sense of humor
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.