Lead Software Architect
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a Lead Software Architect, you will lead and manage a variety of projects in the Visa's Cybersecurity group. In this role, you will introduce new security services, technologies, and technical solutions to secure Visa Application & infrastructure.
You will lead and implement Application Security Services and Solutions for large scale, always available, secure solutions that will have direct impact on securing Visa Application and Infrastructure.
You will, in many cases, interact with different stake holders, product development leads, architects, Cybersecurity operations, Risk and Compliance team external partners merchants, acquirers, banking and security service/solution providers,. You will propose new security innovative solutions, updates to existing solutions, negotiate alternative options, build technical and release roadmaps.
· Successfully lead the design, development, implementation of a critical and complex part of an Application Security Tools and Services. This includes building brand new systems, or enhancements, modifications to existing software. Implementing PoCs and comparing different technologies.
· Work closely with our internal and external partners, lead the technical low level design. Work with project team members (Chief Security Architects, Senior Developers, Application Security Engineers, Project Managers, etc.), and coordinate and lead interfaces with other groups from different domains.
· Have a passion for delivering very robust, object oriented, modularized, zero defect, high performant code and be responsible for making sure the team’s deliverables meet these expectations and
· Lead by example in producing high quality code with zero security vulnerabilities throughout the project SDLC.
· Your knowledge in Application Security domain is unchallenged specially in Authentication, Authorizations, Data Protection and Web Application Security.
· Work with architects, customers and team members to create, document and articulate a robust software design. Conduct code, design reviews, and ensure high quality.
· Manage the implementation process for assigned projects. Estimate work effort on a project.
· Serve as a point contact for onshore and offshore development teams to assist them in integration activities.
· Comfortable working with teams from multiple domains and flexible in working on a wide variety of tasks spanning the full stack, Application Security, System Software and Security Analytics.
o Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MS or other related advanced degree preferred.
o Typically requires 12+ years of experience in application services development for large-scale systems.
o Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, Spring, REST, JSON, JAX-RS, WS*, SOAP, XML, XSD).
o At least 8 years java programming experience.
o At least 2 Years of experience in Web Application Security, System Security and Data Protection technology
o Experience with architecting and developing solutions for highly scalable, highly available systems.
o Experience and solid understanding of ORDB and NoSQL systems and technologies as Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra, Mongo DB.
o Experience developing micro-services and using containers as Docker, Kubernetes/Swarm, Apache Mesos, etc.
o Experience with middleware distributed and high performance systems as Kafka, Zookeeper, Spark, Storm, Akka, non-blocking IO, etc.
o Good understanding and usage of design patterns, modularity, dependency injection.
o In-depth knowledge of software development life cycle. Experience with Agile development methodologies, and with the realities of commercial software engineering.
o Ability to solve complex software development/design issues.
o Good analytic, design, coding / testing and documentation skills.
o Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
o Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the 'big picture' enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view.
o Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
o Candidate must be able to work independently and in a team environment
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.