Sr. Software Engineer
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
This position is for a Sr. Software Engineer in the Cybersecurity team who will focus on developing and supporting new Visa Product Security Tools & Services.
You'll need to have excellent communication and cross-group collaboration skills, be able to make forward progress despite ambiguous circumstances, be a self-starter, a quick learner of new technologies and have experience in product security such as secure application design, static code analysis and web application vulnerabilities. You will be a critical part of the core security engineering team for a high-performance product security automation framework development.
The candidate will perform hands-on activities including design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
In this position you will be expected to:
- Participate in every stage of feature development from design and brainstorming through feature implementation, including fixing that last critical bug under a tight release deadline.
- Work as part of a dynamic team collaborating closely with other engineers, engineering teams and product owners.
- Take responsibility to produce high quality secure code, apply application security principles in development stage
- Review high level features and convert them to low level design
- Review stories, provide accurate scoping and help junior team members with scoping and provide constructive input and feedback
- Create technical specifications and design artifacts
- Implement major features from scratch
- Create unit tests for features,
- Perform code reviews, use SAST for Static Code Analysis and fix all security issues
- Work with QA to ensure the quality of the feature
- Contribute to design & overall product architecture
Skill Set required
• BS/MS degree in computer science, computer security or relevant field required.
• 1-3 Years of experience in developing Java/J2EE applications, and experience in using Java Web Application framework such as Spring, Spring boot, Node.js
• Strong object oriented design techniques, and reusable component design
• Experience in working with Static code analysis tool and hands on experience in using them
• Experience in using Secure Code guidelines during development stages, take responsibility for producing secure and high quality code
• Experience in dealing with Web Application Security vulnerabilities
• Experience with source control, build and deployment tools such as Subversion, Maven, Hudson, Git, Artifactory and Chef/Ansible desirable
• Experience in using Docker and building & deploying micro-services using Docker containers
• Experience with writing unit tests, integration tests and automation tools.
• Strong analytical skills with good problem solving ability desired.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.