Director, Data Products
- Foster City, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
As part of the Global Product organization, the Data Products team is looking for a Data Quality Director who is passionate about innovating and delivering high quality, differentiated data solutions across the Visa payment network.
Visa is connecting the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Global Data Products team is fueling Visa’s ability to do so. This presents continuous opportunities to work on strategic and innovative data products that drive spend, build customer loyalty, identify new opportunities/ threats, and guides product strategies for Visa and our partners.
Data is a key enabler, and we recognize the need to curate various internal and external data sources and present with context, for reliable, accurate insights. We have made great strides, leveraging Big Data technology and analysis to do so.
Data Quality analysts will further enhance our competencies, working closely with technology, and business data stewards to raise awareness of quality as an imperative from design to implementation of data products used across Visa.
As Director, Data Quality, you'll work closely with Product Managers, Engineering, and Business Operations Data Stewards to define and implement data quality standards and tracking practices across our organization.
You are skilled and passionate individual, who can work across a range of data platforms and interact with stakeholders/ partners across the company. The perfect candidate can apply a breadth of knowledge, deep technical skills, and strategic thinking to develop best practices for custom data pipelines and business intelligence/ analytic systems, solve our company’s most significant data challenges and accomplish key strategic data initiatives.
This is a global position that will contribute in increasing development and usage of data across multiple lines of business and geographies for BI and analytics. You’ll have the opportunity to have a direct impact on the business in this critical role.
You will work closely with analysts and data stewards to define and implement strategies to guarantee the quality of the data used for BI and Analytics Data Products. You will set up best-in-class process, working with our technology and data engineering partners, that will guarantee results and operate in agile cycles. You need to be a leader with excellent communication skills who challenges the team to solve critical problems and develop innovative solutions. These solutions will ensure that we meet departmental goals for quality and regulatory commitments.
- Create visibility on quality and state of data and present the same with business context for appropriate use.
- Design, manage, and maintain relevant data quality practices, standards, methodologies, and metrics.
- Utilize fact and data-driven metrics to communicate results, promote cross-functional communication and ensures adequate information flow within the organization.
- Drive continuous improvement through the strengthening of quality tools, skills, infrastructure, and process improvements required to achieve business objectives.
Other areas of influence:
- Contribute directly to development of analytics data management and stewardship strategy
- Recommend data products and services improvements to create data usage standards and best practices.
- Interface across the organization to answer challenging analytical questions related to the business data.
- Participate actively in data representation; data standards; and policy as it pertains to Business Intelligence and Analytic products and solutions.
- Support Requirements Analysis, Present Technical Information, and enable Problem Solving.
- Become an expert in Visa data (internal and external) to quickly determine the best way to put information together. Provide guidance to the Visa teams on data.
- Collaborate with partner teams to optimize, develop and align key metrics to meet business needs.
- Supports repository management, data warehouse design, data access administration, and formulation of enterprise-specific data metrics.
- Implements industry standards and industry best practices for data delivery.
The successful candidate will have 5-7 years of experience in data managemnet or analytics. Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results. Ability to work closely with other team members and key stakeholders in technology, product and the rest of the business.
Significant experience in data and analytics areas, and involvement in core data product management functions including requirements, prioritization, and delivery to the market.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or other Science/Engineering related field or significant demonstrable professional work experience.
- Experience in Finance or Payment Services s industries, with clear understanding of payments industry data and metrics.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Strategic and analytical ability to synthesize and organize data/ information into actionable recommendations with clear customer and shareholder impact.
- Experience with data mining tools.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Microsoft Word) to create database tables and reports.
- Must work well in highly collaborative, matrixed and team oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communications skills - capable of developing well-structured communications and presentations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.