Director, Global Visa Direct Issuer Readiness & Payment Performance
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts in the U.S. and around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payments to landscaper), and funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements). Currently, the push payments market is estimated to be an $80T global opportunity.
Visa Direct is changing the payment ecosystem for all players:
Creates convenient & secure way to transfer money among friends for Consumers
Provides faster capital to fuel the business & manage cash flow of Small Businesses
Stimulates debit card activation and usage, and introduces new client verticals for untapped revenue opportunities for Issuers
Merchants provide value added services transforming digital payments
The Director of Payment Performance will be a key team member of the Global Issuer Readiness and Payment Performance group, which is focused on accelerating the development of the right infrastructure for push transactions to be “received” and successfully processed by issuers, in each region, in real-time.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and executing plans to ensure optimal authorization rates and reach across the globe.
The scope will include creating new plans, frameworks, and processes to scale the growth of Visa Direct various use cases.
- Lead and implement issuer readiness and transaction authorization projects to enhance Visa Direct reach and build transaction confidence
- Manage, track, and raise roadblocks for the issuer readiness plan across the regions
- Deliver high quality analyses synthesizing into key fact-based findings and actionable recommendations
- Build executive-level reporting to inform transaction performance metrics to key internal and external partners
- Build tracking tools for global reporting of key performance metrics with input from regions and priority markets
- Develop expertise in authorization decline reasons and path of travel of transaction for targeted regions
- Actively execute on project deliverables and timelines to provide meaningful insights to business
- Partner with cross-functional groups (CSS, Product, Analytics, Sales, Client Delivery, AML, Rules, Platform) to problem solve for reach and authorization improvement challenges
- This role requires occasional travel around the globe
- BA/BS required. Minimum 10 years of experience with payment product management, operations, project management, analytics or equivalent
- Strong project management skills. Ability to organize and structure complex large projects and lead cross-functional teams towards execution.
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Critical thinker, strong organization skills, ability to summarize findings from data, curiosity to deep dive on root cause of trends
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.