Sr Business/Data Analyst (Client Systems Analytics)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Corporate Systems team provides development and support for Client, Corporate Operations and Administration Systems. Visa global business functions supported by CIT including Branding, Marketing, Sales, Service, Call Center, Finance, Revenue, Human Resources, Customer Relationship Management and Corporate Risk.
The Sr Business/Data Analyst within the Client Systems Analytics Delivery team will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing Data integration and Analytics solutions on Hadoop and using BI tools, Data mining and/or Machine learning provide insights on the data. This position requires close collaboration with business partners to understand their business goals, understand requirements and Data needs, work with Data engineering and Data Science team members on design of Analytical solutions, development of reports or dashboards, validation of insights and implement Data Analytics solutions following agile methodologies.
Ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of five years experience in all phases of development and delivery of Analytics projects including Data analysis, building reports and dashboards and Data mining and two years development experience on Hadoop.
- Participate in technology project delivery activities such as gathering Business requirements, conceptual approach,verification of design, development of reports or dashboards, test case preparation, unit/integration test execution, support process documentation
- Build analytical applications using Hadoop eco system using packaged or open source technologies
- Partner with IT groups such as CIT, Engineering, Product, Security, and Infrastructure on project delivery activities
- Represent Technical teams in Stakeholder meetings and be point of contact on new requests from Business
- Provide support to Business Users on Production issues, questions on data or insights and perform root cause analysis
- Perform data analysis on large scale data
- Provide insights from data and present to IT and non-technical users to improve operations and productivity
- Look for opportunities to use Data to optimize and automate processes and enable data driven Decision making
- Validation of data loads and prepare data validation scripts
- Validation of Machine learning models and monitoring model decay and perform pattern analysis and correlation
- Support QA, UAT and performance testing phases of development cycle and post deployment support for end users
- Act as Scrum master when needed
- Be Subject matter expert on Data managed by the team and Functional domains
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience working as Business Analyst or Data Analyst
- Proven experience in working on Hadoop development and writing sql queries on Hadoop is required, preferably Hive, Spark, Relational databases etc.
- 5 Years of experience in BI/ Analytics Tools, 2 years of experience in Tableau, Power BI or any BI tools
- Comfortable working on large scale data on hadoop or Nosql like Cassandra, Redis, Redshift etc
- Proven experience in developing and deploying BI solutions including ETL and dashboard development is required
- Experience in RDBMS (Oracle and SQLServer) is required and knowledge of emerging technologies (noSQL/Graph Database/Time Series) is nice to have
- Experience in real time data ingestion using Kafka/Spark Streaming is nice to have
- Experience in writing complex SQL and Hive QL queries is required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in Python, Shell/ Perl scripting, scheduling and version control and CI/CD (git, Jenkins) technologies is nice to have
- Experience in Advanced Analytics, Machine learning and data mining is nice to have.
- Strong follow-through, problem identification, analysis and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new Information technologies and apply in work quickly
- Exceptional communication and customer facing skills, able to interact effectively with diverse groups of global stakeholders, both technical and business users
- Experience in Payment Processing, CRM (Salesforce/Microsoft Dynamics), Genesys Call Center domain are nice to have
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Above all be curious and passionate about Data
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WFP Info: Client Systems BA - WFP 2.0 - 18