Vice President, Processing, Asia Pacific
- Singapore, Singapore
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Processing function has the responsibility for developing the network processing strategy and executing to grow transactions on the Visa network through innovations and value-added services; delivering edge services like issuer processing, and working with internal stakeholders on domestic processing opportunities. The Processing Vice President will serve as the leader for network processing and ATM for the AP geography. This role has responsibilities for network, domestic and ATM processing across the Asia-Pacific market. This role will require demonstrated knowledge of payment processing business in addition to effectively leveraging the global team who are subject matter experts in their respective markets. The role will require strong leadership capabilities, to manage and support a cross-cultural and geographically dispersed team of highly skilled professionals.
Jointly reporting to the Head of Global Network Processing (GNP) and to the Head of AP Products, the VP of Processing will be part of the AP Products Leadership Team (AP PLT) and expected to interact effectively with all levels of country, regional, and functional senior management. This position involves external interaction and communication with key Visa stakeholders, including banks, regulators, processors and strategic vendors.
Lead the development and manage the execution strategy for the AP geography.
- Align with product, sales and acceptance initiatives.
- Lead and support GNP market teams to ensure country management and sales teams are effectively communicated to in regards to strategies and plans.
- Develop, own and communicate the Processing annual operating plan to achieve business objectives.
- Ensure activities are regularly reviewed and reported to global Function and AP leaders.
- Manage the identification and assessment of processing trends, opportunities and threats in key AP.
- Identify, qualify and quantify market specific opportunities in close cooperation with local relationship management and product teams
- Promote an understanding of critical success factors to achieving network processing revenue objectives.
- Provide input into design and implementation of general marketing and promotional activities to ensure increased awareness of processing objectives and priorities.
- Lead and utilize market team leader’s subject Matter Expertise (SME) to provide processing consultancy to AP teams, clients and payment system stakeholders.
- Provide professional advice and consultancy to relevant stakeholders covering both tactical and strategic objectives.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Visa’s processing capabilities overall with specific knowledge and leadership of network processing objectives
- Provide leadership to ensure training of relationship management staff with the goal of ensuring relationship management becomes self-sufficient in processing sales and opportunity identification.
- Manage and lead a team of Processing professionals in network and issuer processing responsible for the management and growth of the network processing share in specific markets and the issuer processing business in AP.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills to influence direction and change attitudes / decisions of senior level management and clients.
- Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management skills, including the ability to work effectively within the AP markets.
- Strong people manager with a proactive participative management style and ability to develop talent and influence staff across multiple time zones.
- Sales experience and proven negotiation skills required.
- Payments experience in two or more of Visa key markets / regions preferred.
- Typically requires 15+ years experience in payment processing, including products and service management, sales and business development.
- Experience people manager managing with 10+ years people management experience across multiple geographies.
- Ability to travel frequently estimated at 30%.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in a second language or multiple languages a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business or related field, preferably in Finance, Strategy, or Marketing, Graduate degree preferred.