Senior Analyst – Risk Analytics
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We are currently seeking an outstanding candidate to drive decision-making and to support client engagements through analytics and data science. The Senior Analyst role will be based in Foster City, California and will be reporting to the Head of Global Merchant Risk Analytics and Business Intelligence, which is part of Global Risk Analytics team.
The Global Risk Analytics team is responsible for supporting the analytics needs of Visa’s clients and internal stakeholders. Responsibilities include the design, execution, and delivery of analyses and data products ranging from algorithm creation, predictive modeling and forecasting, to dashboards and ad-hoc data pulls.
The role requires hands-on application of and in-depth knowledge of data science tools, involving combining traditional and non-traditional techniques to solve key business problems - most of which are focused on fraud and security risk.
This role will also require strong business acumen, the ability to interact with both internal stakeholders and merchant and financial institution clients, and the delivery of end-to-end analytical solutions - from conceptualizing an analytical framework for a specific problem to translating the insights back to actionable business recommendations.
Key responsibilities and expectations include, but are not limited to:
· Deliver high quality data-driven analyses that provide key insights leading to actionable recommendations
· Translate business problems into analytical frameworks and insights
· Execute on the analytics plan with appropriate data mining and analytical techniques
· Develop next-generation analytical techniques/tools where existing ones are not adequate enough to address business challenges
· Manage multiple analytics requests and priorities at the same time
· Continuously strive to increase the value that Global Risk Analytics brings to Visa and our clients
The right candidate is passionate about analytics, is an expert on the evolving trends and approaches for analyzing big data, and excels in problem-solving with a positive, can-do attitude. Other foundational qualities include creative thinking, flexibility, a strong analytical ability to address complex issues, hands-on experience working with large volumes of transaction data, a self-starter with ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, and the desire to drive continuous improvement. Specifically, we are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
· Minimum 3 years of proven work experience in a highly analytical environment performing complex business analyses, generating data-driven insights and presenting them to stakeholders
· Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills / presentation development
· Hands-on Hadoop MapReduce and Linux/Unix/AIX experience required
· Expertise and continuous skills development in various analytical tools, including Python, HiveQL/SQL, SPM, SAS, R
· Proficient in BI tools such as MicroStrategy
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· Working knowledge of visualization tools, especially Tableau
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of industry experience, with strong ability to solve business problems through data-driven quantitative methodologies. Experience in the payments, retail financial services, retail merchant industries, and/or fraud/security risk consulting is preferred.
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar quantitative fields of study, or equivalent experience in Data Science.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.