Cybersecurity Analyst/Engineer New Grad (Bachelor's Degree) - Multiple Locations
- Foster City, CA, USA
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically considered for the following locations: Foster City, CA; Ashburn, VA; Austin, TX; Highlands Ranch, CO
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Global Cybersecurity team provides enterprise-wide, risk-based security and continuity capabilities to meet changing internal and external threat landscapes. We are responsible for identifying and protecting sensitive information, detecting and responding to cyber threats, and maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
Some job duties and past projects have included:
- Creating requirements and design documents
- Performing discovery/data analysis and gap analysis
- Threat modeling and analyzing solutions to identify security gaps and capabilities
- Instrumenting tools to measure, compile and discover security-relevant data
- Implementing Proof of Concepts that realize security architectures and solutions
- Assisting subject matter experts in researching and developing security assessments of existing solutions as well as defining security architectures for new solutions
- Presenting results in front of a wide audience including senior leaders in Visa
Specific assignments will depend on upon your skills sets, interest, location and team needs.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Assurance, or a related field
- Students graduating August 2018 - August 2019
- Competitive GPA
- Knowledge and experience in applied cryptography, data protection, identity access management, virtualization, incident response, mobile and networking would be strong assets
- Knowledge and experience on IAM products related to Authentication, provisioning, authorization, SSO, and/or enterprise security protocols like SAML, OpenID, OAuth and/or mobile development (iOS/Android) a big plus.
- Preferred experience in engineering of mobile applications, web applications, database, big data, operating systems, network and system design would be strong assets
- Prior knowledge of data analytics tools and programming a plus.
- The ability to tackle challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, inventive and results oriented
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.