Product Management team lead
- Palo Alto, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
About Visa Commerce Solutions
Visa Commerce Solutions is a small start-up like team within Visa that works on to allowa merchants new methods to grow their businesses and build stronger customer relationships. Joining our team means
you’ll get the best of both worlds: the culture of a fast-paced startup with the security and scale of a Fortune 500 brand. Our group is devoted to building forward-thinking products to give our partners a leg up. Here’s a sample of what we’ve been working on:
Launched Uber Local Offers in August 2016, a new way for riders to earn discounted rides by simply using the same Visa card on file with Uber at their favorite local merchants
Leveraging Visa data to power our technology and ensure that we’re serving the most relevant, personalized offers to consumers
Driving value to high profile brands including Dunkin Donuts, Outback Steakhouse, Regal Entertainment, and Whole Foods Market.
Building out the best-in-class APIs that accelerate the delivery of merchant solutions and data analytics to fuel business growth and strengthen customer relationships.
You can find out more about our products here: https://usa.visa.com/run-your-business/commercial-solutions/solutions/visa-commerce-network.html
Our team has a mix of junior and senior smart and dedicated product managers with good technical skills yet with a limited knowledge about product management methodologies and limited experience in client facing activities. We are looking for a team lead who will be able to push the team and it's members to the next level.
The ideal candidate would be
- Organized and metrological
- Able to clearly express opinions and debate them with the team
- Driven by clearly defined goals, agenda and mission
- Able to manage discussions toward conclusions and decisions
- A great communicator toward internal clients
- Able to carry out a technical discussion with the engineering team
- A colllaborator, delegator and an able individual contributor
- Oriented toward team members professional growth
- Focused on metrics for the teams tasks, teams goals and personal goals
- Able to set clear boundaries around the Product Manager role while expanding it's scope
- At least 3 years of experience as a product manager
- At least 2 years of experience with client facing product
- Proven record of collaboration with business teams and engineering teams
- Experience with external client discussions
- Experience as a mentor to several team members
- Strong knowledge of product management tools such as
- Ability to sketch technical flows
- Proficiency in presentation tools (PowerPoint/Keynote), Document tools (Word), calculation sheets (Excel) and diagram tools (Visio/LucidChart)
- Proven record on focus on KPIs
- Experience as a people manager
- Experience with data tools
- Knowledge in SQL and scripting languages
- Experience in building a training/education program for team members
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.