Senior Software Engineer, Marketing Systems, Visa.com
- Bengaluru, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position is ideal for an experienced SW engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building web applications that provide an excellent performance and user experience. You will be an integral part of the Marketing Systems Technology - Visa.com, development team focusing on design and build of web based performant solutions for Visa's Marketing Strategy to solve business problems. The role is for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills and Open systems technologies.
As a full stack developer, the candidate will have the opportunity to build web solutions and influence design. The individual will work closely with Product Management and other developers on the team to design, develop and iterate our platform/applications to prepare for broad deployment.
- Collaborate with business units and technical staff to understand business requirements for use in designing appropriate solutions.
- Evaluate, recommend and work with the team to build out the strategy for migrating legacy system towards using the industries next generation tools.
- Create design documents, code, unit/functional test, document and implement new software's and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Review and challenge requirements and implementations designs.
- Provide rotational on call support for problem analysis and resolution as scheduled or required.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- At least 5 years of development experience and a minimum of 3-4 years of Adobe AEM / CQ5 experience implementing full cycle Adobe AEM projects (AEM 6.0 and later required; AEM 6.2 is a plus)
- Solid experience with AEM building blocks including templates, components, dialogs, widgets and bundles.
- Experience with data and site migration in AEM - specifically moving legacy web systems into AEM.
- Familiar with Multi Site Manager (MSM), Language Copy, Dispatcher
- Experience with communicating to different internal servers, databases from AEM, using both front end (ajax, cookies) and back end technologies (servlet, osgi service, Sling, AngularJS)
- Experience with jUnit and other testing frameworks in AEM
- Experience in Java Content Repository (API) suite, Sling web framework and Apache Felix OSGi framework, DAM, Workflows is required.
- Experience with other large scale WCM or CMS implementation a plus.
- Ability to work quickly in an agile environment, part of an on-call rotation duty among other engineers.
- Experience and Understanding of multithreaded software design
- Expertise in AJAX and Spring framework.
- Experience with GIT, Jira and Jenkins. Participate in Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Participation in Test Driven Development
- Write software code following best practices and must meet security requirements.
- Should be ready to go the extra mile to meet the project milestones.
- Should be an excellent team player with positive attitude.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.