Merchant Data Applications Director Product Management
- Foster City, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The Director will be responsible for bringing to market software applications that deliver to Visa Merchants valuable insights and opportunities for growth. The Director will have full lifecycle responsibility from roadmap through releases of applications. The Director will partner with industry-specific product managers and experts to capture product requirements.
The Director will own requirements related to the service oriented architecture of the application. Clients, internal Visa applications and partners will be able to access the same powerful insights and underlying data through multiple delivery mecahnisms including web applications, API services and automated file transfer. The Director will team with industry-specific product managers, user interface designers, data scientists and software developers to drive the build and delivery of these new applications. The Director will also provide content for marketing, sales enablement, user documentation and user training materials.
- Drive the full software development lifecycle of new software applications for merchants from concept to operations
- Turn merchant business requirements into software requirements
- Drive the architecture of the data and information to support multiple delivery options, peer sets and role based access
- Work closely with legal, data privacy and other internal teams to ensure data structures and metrics are compliant and flexible to support multiple levels and peer sets
- Identify innovative uses of payments and sales data and predictive models to identify business opportunity
- Work closely with UX designers and software engineers through ideation, planning, development and release of new releases
- Employ rapid prototype to create, test and iterate product designs
- Follow and champion Agile processes to effectively and efficiently bring releases to market with successful user adoption
- Implement and manage user metrics such as usage, experience, value realization
- Create and manage backlog of epics and stories to drive development processes.
- 5+ years experience of product management experience, preferably both consumer and business users
- Demonstrated full lifecycle experience from inception to launch that meet business goals
- Excellent ability to understand the user’s objectives and needs to create clear and compelling user stories
- Past experience with data driven products including expereince with owning requirements for the business architecture, integration and publication
- Highly curious, opportunity-centric product manager who can assess, decide, evaluate and iterate quickly
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships and facilitate healthy communication
- Product mindset of simplicity and clarity
- Excellent listener; ability to inspire respect and trust at all levels
- Bachelors’ degree in business management, computer science or information technology
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.