Sr. Director, HR Compliance
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is seeking an HR Compliance Leader to drive critical initiatives across HR and provide strategic oversight to ensure all functions within HR meet the requirements of various enterprise compliance and assurance programs as well understand the pivotal role that they play in managing HR’s operational risk.
Will be responsible leading efforts directly with HR program owners to drive accountability in developing policies and practices that are relevant and scalable. In addition, will manage the Visa Harassment and Discrimination Training program, regulatory reporting requirements and HR audits.
This individual will have oversight for the overarching program that supports HR in the development of capabilities in support of HR Risk Program compliance, Human Resources functional audits and overall compliance administration. Will serve an expert in the implementation and execution of compliance activities and will focus on process improvement opportunities and leveraging industry best practices.
This role sits within HR and will have one direct report.
- Manages and represents HR on matters relating to governance, compliance and operational risk
- Responsible for providing direction to HR functional program owners regarding procedural design, oversight and remediation for gaps related to HR regulations and compliance
- Leads corrective action plans for resolution or problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Defines key performance indicators, develops metrics and service level agreements for core compliance programs, track delivery against program objectives, leads improvement initiatives.
- Defines an inventory of proactive monitoring of various HR compliance initiatives /programs
- Builds cross-functional partnerships specifically with HR COE's, legal, audit, business conduct office and risk function and collaborates with each department to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for resolution.
- Regular executive reviews and report outs on status of risk and controls across HR
- Provides guidance to COEs to influence them to build, maintain and monitor appropriate controls
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the HR organization, including promoting heightened awareness of standards of conduct, and understanding of new and
- existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Work with HR functions to develop rigor regarding the importance of managing operational risk to drive business goals
- Participate in compliance related committees such as data protection, compliance risk operating committee.
- Experience in a global, public, multinational corporation
- Demonstrated understanding of key industry regulatory trends and conditions
- Experience in audit bodies such as SOX, SSAE018, PCI-DSS, Internal Audit, Management Action Plans, and Operational Risk management including appropriate regulatory monitoring and compliance programs.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills with senior stakeholders including being able to clearly articulate a problem statement and strategic vision
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment, high sense of urgency with strong multi-task and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal, needs to be able to write responses and communications to regulators leveraging professional and industry language and the ability to know what level of detail to provide to regulators/auditors
- Should possess strong research and analytical skills and be able to communicate results and recommendations to senior level management
- Proven ability on ethical decision making--can be counted on to "do the right thing"
- Able to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including relationship building skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of management in a clear and concise fashion
- 10+ years in progressively responsible roles focused on compliance specializing in Human Resources or related compliance or legal function
- Program/Project management experience needed
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.