Data Visualization Designer / Engineer
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Do you love visualizing data and rapidly prototyping creative applications? Do you like working with the latest technologies like React 16.3.1 or later? Put those skills to work answering strategic questions for one of the world's most respected and innovative payments companies.
Join a fast-paced Data Visualization team, working in our data product lab in Visa's Data Product organization. You will use the latest web technology to build data visualization focused applications. You will be responsible for both designing and developing responsive user interfaces for data analysts. The clean, intuitive, and beautiful user interface you design and build will to explore and visually manipulate Visa’s unique global data assets. You will allow users to gain new insights and tell their own data stories.
In this role, you will get to work with designers, business analysts, and engineers across teams utilizing shared components, UI/UX guidelines, and styles to design and ultimately build amazing visualization experiences. Incredible volumes of data will be at your fingertips to mold and refine into elegant visualizations utilizing traditional proven graphics (e.g. bar charts) as well as inventing novel graphics concepts, yet to be seen. You will be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, thirsty for feedback, and collaborating with others to deliver a cohesive data visualization experiences.
The position will be based at Visa's headquarters in Foster City, California
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other technical/design relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in relevant fields, developing web applications focusing in data visualization.
- A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve customer needs.
- In depth knowledge of data visualization best practices.
- Excellent grasp of the design thinking and the prototyping process.
- Examples of complex interaction and visual designs you crafted and coded.
- Detailed oriented with a keen eye to spot single pixel deformities.
- The know-how to move rapidly from pencil/ paper to pixel/ screen, and ultimately to code/ text editor.
- Public examples of applications designed and built by you that you are proud to showcase.
- Ability to teach us new things relevant to this work.
Technology we enjoy using and hope you do to.
- Pencils, Markers, Crayons
- Sketch, Invision
- React, Redux
- Node, Webpack
- Sass, Less
- D3 and its React adaptations (e.g. Nivo, Semiotic, react-vis)
Bonus points for ...
- Working knowledge of WebGL
- Basic knowledge of BI Tools like Tableau and their APIs
- Can demonstrate abilities through shareable (public facing) data visualization experiences
Don't know everything listed here? Good. Neither do we. Join us and we can learn together.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.