- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career.
This candidate will join the End User Systems group within Corporate IT and will be responsible for successful project coordination and delivery of End User System technologies while working with matrixed teams comprised of Systems Analysis, Vendors, Development, QA, Service Management, Operations, Engineering and Business personnel.
The Corporate IT organization is in the middle of a major transformation effort. This effort is intended to dramatically change the way End Users work, with the intent to implement designed based thinking to dramatically improve the user experience. This transformation requires us to bring in resources who have both the technical and project management skills to not only understand project methodologies but to also have a deep understanding of the technology deployments they are managing. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first.
As the rest of the larger CIT organization evolves, the End User Systems area is directly tasked with assisting with new product deployments and user experience improvement efforts. The successful candidate will work with users, engineering, operations and end user advocacy teams to gather requirements, develop use cases and validate that the solutions delivered clearly meet the stated goals\requirements, while ensuring operational support readiness.
The intent is that the successful candidate will be more than an administrative Project Manager. We clearly expect the candidate to be able to manage projects, staff and vendors. Additionally, the candidate will have a strong IT background, specifically in the End User Services technologies, with the ability to understand architectures, design and solutions. Perfect candidate should be a former technologist who has transitioned into the project management field. Someone with a commonsense approach to project delivery who is unencumbered by falling victim to following process for process sake.
This is an individual contributor role on a relatively small team. The Service Management Office (SMO) consists of three areas: Business Operations, Asset Management, and Service Management. This role is within the Business Operations function, and is one of two Project Managers. The PM focuses on the end user and successful transition from Engineering to Operations. Project sizes vary, but there are multiple in flight rather than being dedicated to one or two large initiatives. The organization is global and our user base constitutes several lines of business. This position solely supports internal Visa users, and not external customers or stakeholders.
• Manage multiple and concurrent cross functional project(s) from conception through to completion
• Assemble and lead cross organizational high performance teams, creating a collaborative environment and executing with a sense of urgency
• Establish success criteria for real world outcomes.
• Ensure projects consider the voice of the customer, the operational readiness, and the metrics to drive continual improvements
• Drive efficiency by utilizing Visa's Project Management Methodology, processes and tools
• Provide timely and accurate reporting to all stakeholders; hold regular cross organizational management briefings
• Lead boldly and utilize hard and soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal
• Proactively identify and mitigate risks and issues
• Display strong understanding of project financials including budget management
• Maintain meticulous records of projects and programs financials, issues, risks, decisions, schedules
• Communicate effectively and clearly through verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, attention to detail and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate leadership qualities, flexibility, adaptability to changes in roles and responsibility as required
• Showcase an understanding of engineering operations, technology infrastructure end user communications and change Management
• 5+ years of technical project management experience leading technical teams in the delivery of end user technologies that are supportable and measured.
• Previous technology background in end user technology (e.g. video conferencing, MS productivity suite, telephony, collaboration, data, network, etc.)
• Global experience is required
• ITIL Experience, certification preferred
• Ability to function effectively within a highly technical environment by demonstrating technical knowledge of systems implementation and impact to user experience and productivity
• Self-motivated; able to work independently while coordinating with cross-divisional teams
• Strong understanding of Agile development methodologies, with previous experience working within a Dev Ops modeled organization preferred
• Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices
• Team player; able to communicate with technical and business experts at all levels of the organization
• Solid financial and analytical skills; able to think strategically
• Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
• PMP or comparable certification preferable
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.