Senior Director, Visa Direct Global Risk Policy
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49
of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa Direct is high priority global push payment processing capability that provides Visa clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers etc.) the ability to facilitate funds transfers and disbursements to card payment accounts anywhere in the world. Visa Direct push payments programs already in place in multiple countries include person-to-person (P2P payments, business-to-consumer (B2C) funds disbursements such as insurance claims, shared economy and marketplace payouts, loan disbursements and gaming winnings with future opportunities in healthcare, government disbursements, and more! Visa Direct programs also include person-to-merchant (P2M) push payments as well for both traditional merchant acceptance as well as micro-business casual sellers who want to receive payments into their payment card account.
The Visa Direct Global Product Policy, Risk Management and Operations team is looking for experienced leaders who have demonstrated success in establishing strategies, evaluating challenges, identifying clear paths to resolution and aggressively driving solutions. The Visa Direct Senior Director of Global Risk Policy is the thought leader and authority on the global Visa Direct risk policy framework responsible for defining and influencing the strategy for Visa Direct risk policy and regulatory compliance. Candidates will have demonstrated the ability to work in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines and an unwavering ability to deliver against stated goals and objectives. The ideal candidate must be a results-oriented leader who can think strategically, adapt quickly, and rapidly earn credibility and trust with all levels of the organization. You must be comfortable working with the most senior leaders in the company and representing Visa Direct with global regulatory agencies. We are looking for a confident and self-aware leader who is mission-focused and believes in the power of collaboration to drive superior results.
Deliver a robust global risk policy framework for Visa Direct covering both AML/ATF and fraud risks including ensuring the integration and adoption of policy.
Provide leadership to regional Visa Direct commercialization teams to help drive policy at the regional level.
Develop and deliver on a global roadmap for enhanced fraud risk mitigation strategy to increase the adoption, utilization, and commercialization of existing risk products as well as layout a strategy and plan for expanding new risk products that meet the needs of Visa Direct clients; issuers, acquirers, merchant and service providers.
Ensure the seamless integration of Visa Direct into existing Visa risk management programs.
Collaborate with senior leaders and heads of global and regional risk teams on commitments for rollout and support for Visa Direct product teams and their clients including support for incident response and communication plans, fraud reporting and analysis, and development and education of risk products and best practices.
Ensure the execution of repeatable risk management processes and support models that can be implemented at the regional level.
Act as primary educator on Visa Direct risk policy to Visa teams, clients and global regulatory agencies.
Provide global regulatory governance and oversight as it relates to funds transfers and push payments.
Collaborate with internal government relations and AML compliance teams on regulatory review and response to inquiries and proposals for new regulations ensuring that rules and guidelines continue to support the growth of this rapidly expanding payment category.
Communicate to internal teams, including executive management, on key regulatory issues that potentially affect Visa’s push payments business.
Provide regular executive and detail level updates on strategies, goals and objectives, and progress against stated deliverables.
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years of experience in payment services risk policy and management in a risk, product management, solution development or policy consulting environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Self-motivated, results driven, with the ability to quickly establish clear, well thought out action plans and aggressively drive deliverables to completion under tight deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on clients
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation for both business and technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a cross functional team.
- Possess strong leadership and collaboration skills to build relationships and lead teams to deliver on critical policy support and development
- Confidence to drive decision making and act on the results
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Active listening skills required.
- Excellent time management and organization skills, discipline to focus on details, and able to deal effectively with ambiguity and work with a vast array of information in a rapidly changing environment.
- Financial/payment industry knowledge in one or more of the following areas, digital, push payments, P2P, B2C and/or B2B offerings required
- Passionate about what you do, and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments
- Exceptional personal accountability and the highest of ethical standards
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.