Systems Administrator - REF11213F
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Responsible for the ongoing security maintenance (while safeguarding availability) of Systems infrastructure based on business requirements and adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models
Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise to support complex Unix systems and patch management
This position requires a dynamic, hard-working and ambitious individual, with excellent oral and written communication skills
Security tool and problem analysis documentation; must be able to write and proof documents intended for technical and executive audiences.
Build / collaborate tools using Satellite/Spacewalk / Blade Logic / BAO to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity
Mentoring several teams and stakeholders to the process changes and enhancements in the tools to increase self-service capabilities
Work in a time-sensitive environment; must be detail oriented and able to multitask to meet deadlines and company objectives
Continued support and partnership with Visa technology leadership / operations / engineering / development teams
Managing vulnerability tracking / patching systems and lead projects for continual improvements
Candidate will possess strong inter-personal skills and have experience working in large enterprise support environment
Implement changes and requests to meet project deliverables within defined guidelines and low MTTR(mean time to resolve) for all customers
Automating server patch deployment, scripting and development of patching tools using python, shell , RESTful API and building APIs for self-service
Document and thoroughly understand the Satellite/Ansible / Blade Logic BSA application architecture, system configuration and interface with various teams and use this knowledge effectively to resolve issues
Achieve and understand Service Level commitments and resolution timelines for all requests
Develop solutions using available tools and technologies and assist the global team in problem resolution by hands-on participation.
Support the development and incorporation of best practices and approaches into the company´s processes and methodologies
Improve the efficiency by continual improvement in current processes with key goals to standardize, simplify, automate and commoditize.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field with 4+ years of technical experience
- Minimum of 3 years solid experience in Scripting to include python, shell and Perl scripting.
- 4+ years of expert level experience with blade logic (BSA) , BAO in a 24*7 environment
- Application Management: Package and Task Sequences (Red Hat satellite, spacewalk IBM AIX NIM experience)
- Software Updates: Patch Management experience (Downloading patches, testing, bundling of patches, Deployment Packages)
- Solid UNIX Operating System and Patch Management experience
- Package solutions using satellite server.
- Languages: preferably Java/J2EE, Java Script, AJAX, JQuery, XML, JSP coding experience
- Databases: MySQL, MS Access, Oracle
- Build tools to automate the security patching
- Build tools using blade logic (BSA) , BAO, Ansible or chef to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity
- Security tool and problem analysis documentation; must be able to write and proof documents intended for technical and executive audiences.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment; must be detail oriented and able to multitask to meet deadlines and company objectives
- Familiarity and/or experience in implementing ITIL concepts in addition to technical aptitude are highly valued
- API and RESTful principles, able to utilize REST APIs for integration and testing.
- Version control – GitHub or bit bucket.
- Self-motivated with the ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing
priorities and assignments
- Excellent verbal, written, skills ; in particular, demonstrated ability to
effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to
multiple organizational levels internally and externally
- Strong understanding of process orientation, understanding of project management
techniques, methodologies and best practices