Director – Strategic Sourcing – Credit Card Products and Benefits
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa’s card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in more than 200 countries and territories.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 9,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Director of Strategic Sourcing leads by example, and through partnership to drive competitive advantage and value for Visa Inc. As the lead for Credit Card Products and Benefits, you are accountable for developing strategies by identifying new opportunities for value and process improvement. As a leader within the Strategic Sourcing Organization, you are responsible for developing strong and effective business partner relationships with senior leaders across multiple functions and regions. The Director will manage all of the Cybersource and New Product sub-categories and have accountability to delivery against department and functional goals. You will need a strong sense of urgency and the ability to succinctly frame issues and alternatives to drive decisions forward.
• Engages and establishes business partnerships with cross functional leadership across Visa to collaborate, influence, and drive sourcing strategies.
• Work with Stakeholders to create complex sourcing strategies, scope requirements, Business Partnerships, and navigate complexity within a large global matrixed organization.
• Creates a shared vision by embedding and integrating the role of strategic sourcing into various parts of the business
• Develops long term portfolio category strategies that are directly linked to the Client and Product organizational objectives.
• Perform savings tracking and report realized savings on a continuous base.
• Ensure realized savings ties back to departmental budget.
• Provides high level guidance on the overall continuous strategic sourcing process from needs identification through supplier performance management.
• Develop strategy for consistent media mix measurement and monitoring
• Maintain strong external focus by leveraging industry peers, organizations, associations and by continuing to build strong relationships outside of Visa
• A champion for change that can act decisively to drive decisions, while demonstrating agility to support the evolution of business needs
• Communicates effectively and frequently, listens carefully, and actively seeks and values the perspectives of others
• Builds effective strategic relationships with external suppliers to drive and execute category strategies
• Develop and manage category wide SRM plans with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
• Support the implementation of Global Sourcing policies and procedures.
• Solid understanding of Strategic Sourcing and proven ability to articulate a (5 to 7) step strategic sourcing methodology.
• 10+ years of experience in Strategic Sourcing preferably in the financial services industry.
• 5+ years leading the development and management of category plans or sourcing strategies.
• Past experiences challenging the status quo by developing business cases for change through leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insights to drive a broad strategic impact across an organization
• Knowledgeable about contract terms and conditions.
• Proven ability to develop and execute category strategies, as part of a procurement transformation and/or significant process improvement initiative.
• Experience managing internal customers and users of the category’s goods or services and experience tracking and directing demand to preferred suppliers.
• High level of self-motivation and initiative, and ability to operate as a team player.
• Willingness to offer thought leadership, to think creatively, and to offer new ways to approach old problems.
• Strong relationship-management skills and ability to communicate effectively, and collaborate with, senior-to-exec management. You need to be able to tell compelling stories through insights and data
• Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.