Intern/Placement Test Engineer
- Belfast, United Kingdom
At CyberSource we build the tools that helps businesses turn their ideas into reality. All across the globe merchants look to CyberSource for tools, knowledge and a passion for making payment acceptance safe, fast and easy. We are on an exciting growth journey and we are looking for individuals who echo our client obsession, enjoy delivering great technology (at a global scale) and creating success.
We started this business when the internet was just learning how to walk…now that it’s running at lightning speed, we’re excited about building the next generation of tools that will make starting or growing a company as easy as pie. And, we’re Visa…which makes it fantastic to scale with us since we’re already the #1 payments company in the world. We couldn’t do this without our people. That is at our core. It is our employees’ passion, initiative, creativity and innovation that drives our success and the success of every client we work with. #1 company=best in class talent.
Come join us!
Placement Test Engineer
As a Placement Test Engineer within CyberSource you will explore the world of testing in highly technical, collaborative and forward thinking environment working on products which are used by millions of people across the globe. Our knowledgeable team are committed to leveraging your talent and ambition to ensure you realize your maximum potential. We don’t expect you to know everything; we favor attitude and ability over experience. You will be involved in stimulating work every day, challenging you technical abilities and gaining an appreciation of the whole product development life cycle.
As a Placement Test Engineer in CyberSource you will:
- Grow and refine both your technical skillset and aptitude in full life cycle testing
- Gain first hand exposure to the multiple facets of the software development lifecycle
- Become experienced in the sourcing and creation of test cases that will facilitate the functional, integration and regression testing of CyberSource’s portfolio
- Have the opportunity to work across different product lanes gaining an insight and appreciation into testing practices, tools and products
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- A strong academic record, expecting to receive a 2:1 or above in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related field
- An inquisitive mind along with an innovative approach to problem solving
- Initiative and drive to tackle challenging projects
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills that allow you to quickly access situations and provide applicable solutions
- A strong desire to understand and learn as well as a pro-active drive to improve their technical skill and knowledge
- Strong communication skills and welcomes the opportunity to collaborate in a tight knit, agile team-oriented group
CyberSource is an equal opportunities employer. We are strongly committed to equal opportunity and strive to align fully with equal employment laws, ordinances and regulations for all applicants and employees. A place where everyone is accepted everywhere. That is our vision, and our passion. We believe that when each of us are empowered to discover our true potential, what we can do together is limitless.
This position is designed for those individuals who are currently in their second year of university study and who require an industrial placement for their next academic year; the placement will be for 12 months minimum. All applicants must be an EEA national or possess a current UK work permit/Visa and be eligible to take up full time & permanent employment.
Closing Date: February 14th, 2019