Visa Discovery Program Traineeship (Undergrad) - Merchant Sales & Acquiring, Thailand
- Bangkok, Thailand
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The trainee will be working with the Thailand Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) team, focused at Visa’s partnerships with key merchants, acquirers and other payment ecosystem partners. Typical partners include existing and potential Visa acceptors in various industries such as airlines, retail business, ecommerce and mobile businesses, loyalty programs and state owned enterprise. Additional partners would include payment ecosystem participants such as payment facilitators.
The trainee will be assisting in managing day-to-day operations as required by business partners, as well as involve in developing engagement strategy with either existing or prospected merchants or associations e.g. Thai Retailer Associations. The trainee will also play a key role in contributing their fresh and outsider' views to the MS&A strategic plan; specifically in the area of digital technology, mobile commerce.
This position reports to the Head of MS&A (Thailand).
- Assist the Thailand MS&A team in responding to day-to-day business requirements by key stakeholders (Partnered Merchants, Acquirers or Payment Facilitators)
- Responsible for regular updates of Playbook/ Salesforce for assigned key account(s) to understand how sales tool can be used/ utilized to help business operation
- Be part of the enthuaism MS&A team to manage at least one key account or new prospected account to have direct experiences in deepening relationship and growing partner and Visa business through effective engagement plan
- An undergraduate student in your 2nd or 3rd year of academic program
- Be able to work full-time from May to August (at least 10 weeks)
- Possess appropriate work rights to work in Thailand
- Positive attitude with strong inter-personal communication skills
- Willing to learn and eager to contribute ideas
- Ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Fluent in Thai and English
- Domestic travel may be required