- Bengaluru, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Production Support group prides itself in keeping the applications and systems of Visa up and running and cater to round the clock needs of the business. We are looking for engineers who cherish automating and reduce manual workload, engineers who are passionate about systems/applications support and engineers who flourish ‘finding the needle in haystack’ when determining root cause around operational issues. If you have exceptional troubleshooting skills, want to deep dive into the world of managing applications across complex platforms, this role is tailor made for you.
Key responsibilities of the engineer involves Deep dive analysis and troubleshooting of our highly available platform, Understand performance and response times, take proactive measures to ensure we are always highly available, Develop and Automate procedures to reduce any manual work, ensure we are highly secure by remediating security findings, deploy and implement new versions of product, develop selfheal capabilities, collaborate and communicate with teams across product development and sister support teams, and at the same time learn a plethora of new technologies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Learn and develop to be a subject matter expert of multiple applications and take on the responsibility of ensuring the application is Highly Secure, Highly Available and performing at the expected levels.
- Support multiple Java/ASP.Net based applications running on Linux /Windows platforms, troubleshoot network, database and system issues, perform root cause analysis, fix and solve issues in collaboration with the product team.
- Proactively Identify repeated day to day work, Use scripting methodologies and automate to reduce manual work
- Lead technical bridges and interact with other partners including product development & QA staff, and with management during the incident and change management process.
- Demonstrate the ability to gauge the scope and criticality of impact in the defined period of time and take appropriate actions to reduce overall impact.
- Take ownership of problems, Collaborate and Communicate with all partners to fix any bugs with product code. Develop and test monitoring solutions to cover every feature across the product line.
- Be the gatekeeper for production change or maintenance activities. Ensure all changes are compliant with Visa rules and can be implemented without the risk of availability or performance impacts in production.
- Provide use case documentation and requirements for new projects and form partnerships with others to ensure the requirements are met.
- Review and develop selfheal procedures for repeated alerts in production, reducing time spent by engineers on alerts.
-Minimum 3-7 years of level 2 production support role.
-Experience with application support organization that caters to round the clock needs of the business.
-Proficiency in Some or all of the technologies
-Very Good knowledge on Databases Oracle or MSSQL or MySQL
- PowerShell, perl, ksh, bash or any other scripting knowledge is mandatory.
-Understanding of ASP.Net or Java Programming is a plus
-Experience with web-related technologies including Tomcat and IIS etc.
-Experience in supporting systems that run either Unix or Windows Environment.
-Understanding of core networking concepts such as routing, protocols, subnets, DNS.
-Working Knowledge on IBM MQ.
- Good Understanding of monitoring Tools is a plus.
-Must be able to multitask effectively, possess Strong technical aptitude and a great desire to learn
-Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing major components for large projects.
-Knowledge of monitoring tools, alert escalation, customer / vendor management etc.
-Build tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity of Service desk and other operations groups.
-Familiarity and/or experience in implementing ITIL concepts in addition to technical aptitude are highly valued.
-A bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science or a related degree.
-Good communication skill and ability to work as team player.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.