Intern - Risk
- London, United Kingdom
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. We are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
For current university students, the Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout the 11 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. A trip to our Global Intern Summit to learn from payments experts from across the world is just the beginning, to what we hope will be a lasting career at Visa.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Our Global Risk department ensures the safe and secure growth of the Visa ecosystem as it innovates and expands to new markets. Global Risk teams manage the strategic and operational implications of Visa’s suite of products and services, optimizing the company’s long-term growth.
Here are some cool things our Risk Interns work on:
- Research and identify trends associated with emerging risks to credit card security like cybercrime and fraud and build outreach strategies to merchants to help them mitigate these risks.
- Collate and analyze strategic, financial and operational data to help quantify the potential risks related to alternatives of a business decision.
- Investigate data compromises involving payment card data and perform fraud performance benchmarking for top issuers, acquirers, and merchants
Visa are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We’re looking for the next generation of change-agents - dreamers, creatives and trailblazers - who are fascinated by new technology and want to be empowered to change the way business is done.
Therefore, our requirements are few:
- Current university student graduating in 2020 or later
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree
- A keen interest in Law, Economics or Public Policy
- Analytical and Quantitative
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.