Lead Systems Architect (Hadoop)
- Bengaluru, India
Visa is seeking highly energetic, passionate, technology enthusiasts for Merchant Data Platform team. The candidate will work as part of the Merchant Data Platform team to lead a team of talented engineers
who would design and develop solutions for Merchant analytics and reporting needs. The ideal candidate will bring robust experience in developing technical solutions in merchant business use cases like segmentation, web analytics, causal analysis, ROI assessment etc. This role will participate in various design discussions, create solution design deliverables and develop technologies and ensure successful delivery of business capabilities.
Visa processes 100s of millions of payment transactions per day and has one of the world’s most valuable data assets. The Visa Data Product Development organization (DPD) has the mission of Unleashing the power of Data to drive global commerce. The Merchant Data Platform team is responsible for the architecture, strategy, design and development of Visa's merchant data repository to enable insights for various different business products including Risk, Commecial and Loyalty and Offers.
As a Lead Architect, you will be responsbile for the architecture and solutions for frameworks and solutions encompassing various Big Data Technologies. You will act as a technical expert and leader providing guidance and support to development teams. Superior organization, written communication and verbal communication skills are required.
- Drives the architecture for key cross team / cross product development projects (via architecture/design documents and developing code key modules)
- Establishes software development patterns and best practices via examples and shipping code
- Ensures that all relevant project teams follow a common set of principles and patterns and utilize a standard set of technology frameworks and libraries
- Provide leadership across the architecture community to ensure solutions are built in alignment with platform principles and standards
- Mentor and build world-class high performing engineering & data science teams.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Science, or Mathematics
- 15+ yrs of Software Development experience
- ~7 years of experience in architecture and development, 4 years with experience in building large scale distributed systems & data-driven frameworks and solutions
- A minimum of 3 years experience with Hadoop and related technologies is required
- A minimum of 5 years experience with RDBMS development (Oracle, DB2, etc.) is required
- Proven knowledge of successful design, architecture and development using Hadoop with large data volumes
- Possesses a deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different integration patterns
- Continuous delivery and Dev Ops experience - infrastructure automation, monitoring, logging, auditing and security implementation and practices
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (e.g. HBASE and Cassandra) technologies is a plus
- Prior knowledge and experience working with Merchant data/information is a plus