Staff Database Engineer - Data Platform (REF11490I)
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Data Platform team is looking for a Staff Database Engineer. The successful candidate should have a working experience with Large (multi-terabytes) systems on DB2 and working experience with Oracle-based systems as it pertains to the Data warehousing environment, have hands-on advanced trouble-shooting and performance tuning knowledge/experience; understand and be able to define different DB2 partitioning strategies; be able to provide 3rd and 4th level support.
- Collaborates, consults and provides guidance to team members in US and remote locations.
- Leads DBMS related initiatives in various business lanes in organization and is responsible for DBMS software development life cycle.
- Leads proof of concepts (POC’s) to evaluate new technologies and makes recommendations.
- Leads and participates in evaluations, selection and implementation of new Database management and security related tools to improve the effectiveness, security and productivity of systems.
- Develops, enhances and enforces Database management system standards, best practices and guidelines.
- Ensures quality assurance for database deliverables such as, but not limited to, conceptual design, physical & logical database design, data load planning, data maintenance and retention policy, security policy and etc.
- Engineers and automates various tasks like monitoring, capacity planning, backup and recovery, BRP solutions.
- proposes enhancements to improve the performance, availability and reliability of the system.
- Also provides third level technical support to internal technical and business teams. Designs, coordinates and directs the detailed plan for installations and upgrades of DBMS products and tools.
- 8+ years of experience and Strong DBA expertise in more than one RDBMS technology combined with sharp conceptual and analytical thinking!
- Deep Expertise on DB2 LUW
- Working knowledge of Hadoop and related Big Data Technologies.