Senior Instructional Developer
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position is responsible for the development of Visa Business school workshop, virtual and webcast learning solutions. Responsibilities include working with cross-functional teams to design, write, and edit workshop, virtual and webcast content, as well as assist and support management of content consistency across all content development channels. This position is preferred to be filled in Foster City or Miami.
Analyze learning aims and objectives and work with colleagues and subject matter experts (SMEs) to design workshop, virtual and webcast content
- Develop objectives and ensure content aligns with stated objectives
- Develop and structure new training content and activities to meet adult learning methodology standards. Revise and rewrite existing content to meet standards as well
- Create interactive media and activities to support learning across different channels
- Adapt instructional materials to meet multiple channel requirements (e.g., workshop, webinar, e-learning, toolkit)
Plan and successfully implement internal reviews and subsequent updates of all course content and associated activities prior to delivery
Proactively plan and discuss ideas with team for images, graphics and animations prior to development
Maintain project documentation and course version control processes throughout the project lifecycle
- Work effectively with colleagues to create compelling and engaging deliverables that drive learning results
- Assist management with strategic and tactical roadmap learning plans
- Ensure comprehensive editing for grammar, usage, consistency, accuracy and style
- Proactively identify and resolve gaps in the content development support structure and improve workflow processes
- Manage concurrent content development projects effectively and on time and within budget
This is a global position and will require communication with staff across multiple regions and time zones. Some flexible work scheduling (early or late) may be necessary periodically for scheduled regional conference calls.
- 8+ years’ experience in progressive instructional design and development, preferably within the payments industry. Knowledge of Visa products, services, and operations a plus.
- Excellent writing and instructional design/development skills required
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize work, handle multiple projects simultaneously with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail required; ability to complete projects on time
- Initiative and independent judgment is required to search out solutions within context of broad goals and long-term objectives
Team player with the ability to work and communicate effectively across multiple departments and levels of management, yet self-motivated and able to work independently
Ability to adapt to change quickly, and enthusiasm and resourcefulness when tackling unfamiliar tasks and requests
Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products and Articulate Storyline required
- Good design eye with experience in Web site design, HTML and graphic design preferred
- BA in a related field required
- Experience working in a global or multi-region capacity, with strong cross-cultural sensitivities
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.