Staff Software Engineer, Risk & Authentication Programs
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Payments has become a very active/hot area in the last couple of years, creating a strong demand for innovation. This will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 10 years. Not only is VISA a leader in the payment industry and has been for a long time, but it is also quickly transitioning into a technology company that is fostering an environment for applying the latest technology to solve exciting problems in this area. For a payment system to work well, the risk techniques, performance, and scalability are critical. These techniques and systems can benefit from big data, data mining, and statistics, cloud computing, & many other advance technologies and in VISA, we have all of these. If you want to be in the exciting payment space, learn fast, and make big impacts, VISA Risk and Authentication group is an ideal place for you!
You will be an integral part of the development team, sometimes investigating new requirements and design and at times refactoring existing functionality for performance and maintainability, but always working on ways to make us more efficient and provide better solutions to our end customers. The role is for a self-organized individual with knowledge of web application and web service development. The candidate will perform hands-on activities including design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team’s needs.
This position will be based in Austin, TX and reporting to Director of Software Engineering. If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit for both of us.
- Engage in design of new systems, functionality or refactor existing functionality
- Design and implement APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems
- Work within AGILE environment to ensure consistent, predictable & productive execution for high quality deliverables
- Work with other engineering teams to facilitate a common approach to continuous integration that includes build automation, test automation, and deployment automation
- Lead design reviews & provide input on requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Lead efforts to architect, design and implement various components of VISA AI Platform
- Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
- Lead code reviews with team members and third party vendors
- Support trouble-shooting issues in both the test and production environments
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 7+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 5+ years of Software Development Experience
- Experience designing & developing highly scalable, reliable, high volume, performant & fault-tolerant systems
- Solid understanding with fundamentals of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, software design patterns & complexity analysis
- Solid understanding of NoSQL database technologies, Hbase, Mongo, TSDB
- Experience with web service standards and related technologies (SOAP, XML, etc.)
- Experience with distributed caching technologies like Redis, Coherence
- Experience with source control, build and deployment tools such as Git, Maven & Jenkins
- Strong analytical skills with good problem solving ability desired.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear & concise way, a team player with good work ethics
- Candidate must be able to proficiently multi-task and be able to work independently or in a team environment
- Experience with middleware –both Web and AppServers like Apache/Tomcat/tcServer
- Experience in big data related technologies like Hadoop/hive/MapReduce/Pig
- Experience in payment systems
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.