Director, Business Solutions – Travel Partnerships
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Business Group Overview
The Business Solutions team manages the product development, management, commercialization and distribution of Visa’s non-consumer payment solutions to facilitate B2B payments. These solutions solve payment challenges that occur in business-to-business (B2B) environment. The opportunity for B2B payments in Asia Pacific accounts for US$46T. Our mission aligns with our global vision to be the best way to pay and to be paid by businesses of all sizes, everywhere.
The Business Solutions team work closely with our issuers, acquirers, merchants and Fintech partnership community to deploy best in class payment services, and design innovative payment solutions to solve the friction that exist in making and receiving payments.
As Director for Travel Partnerships, the successful candidate will be part of the SEA Business Solutions team and based in Malaysia. He/she will develop and maintain relationships with travel agencies / travel management companies (TMCs) and Visa’s commercial issuers maneuver in the ever-changing digital landscape with working capital pressures.
The successful candidate will identify, negotiate & establish alliance programmes with TMCs to generate growth focused on use cases for business/corporate travel for Malaysia, aligned with the focused sectors, segments and business/corporate travel payment flows of Visa and our commercial issuers.
Whilst responsible for driving payment flow volumes for business/corporate travel category, this person ultimately will discover, design, develop and deploy programmes with the TMCs to convert cash/cheques payments for business/corporate travel to digital payment solutions offered by Visa and our commercial issuers. This person will be the champion for challenging inertia to change and support the broader agenda towards digital payments where cash/cheques are still prevalent in payments for business/corporate travel that results in cumbersome manual processes for initiating and reconciling information through the process.
This person will drive partnerships that have a major strategic impact on the long-term success of Visa, travel partners and issuers. We look to this person to represent Visa and our Commercial Issuers to the travel partners and the travel partners to Visa’s internal and external stakeholders.
Driving the strategy and execution for b2b travel vertical for Visa in Malaysia with external stakeholders, he/she is expected to collaborate with internal stakeholders:
- Working closely with the market development colleague for Business Solutions for Malaysia that drives market and segment propositions for small businesses, mid-sized companies and large enterprises with Visa Commercial Issuers to ensure the Travel proposition aligns with the broader value proposition of the segments.
- He/she will need to collaborate with CRM, Business Solutions AP Hub, Marketing, Legal, Corporate Communications, Products, Government Relations and Finance team members to ensure that the development, execution and on-going support of TMC alliance programmes and tie-ups with Visa Commercial Issuers are seamless and successful.
With external stakeholders, build and nurture strong relationships at top travel companies, partnering to find solutions to provide financing to their customers and grow their business, collaborating with Visa Commercial Issuers.
- Working with B2B travel agency / travel management company partners to raise awareness, collaborate and build programmes to collectively market Visa commercial payment solutions with Visa commercial issuers to businesses for business/corporate travel.
- Deliver insights on business trends, opportunities, and product needs to senior leadership across the organization through compelling market analysis presentations, synthesizing information as relevant to TMC partners and Visa’s Commercial Issuers.
- He/she will collaborate, as part of the alliance programmes, with TMCs and Visa’s Commercial Issuers to articulate challenges, insights, nuances of the vertical, and present solutions-focused value proposition to business owners, CFOs, travel heads, procurement head, HR, etc of target companies as part of pipeline management and consultative sales.
- On-going review and measurement of success towards objectives of alliance programmes.
- Continuous discovery and design of the value proposition required to fine-tune and augment the value proposition for the business/corporate travel vertical.
• 10-15 years of experience selling in a B2B environment with in-depth knowledge of business/corporate travel trends.
• Must have experience in selling, managing business/corporate travel, with a solution selling approach.
• Able to develop deep understanding of and empathy for our travel partners’ needs.
• Driven self-starter who seeks out new opportunities.
• Entrepreneurial with a curious mind for creative thinking.
• Analytical, and understands P/L and quantitative levels used by TMCs.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships both internally and with C-level decision makers within the business/corporate travel vertical.
• A proactive collaborator who enjoys working cross-functionally, and can navigate matrixed environments and ambiguity with grace.
• Strong ability to synthesize information from multiple sources from multiple levels of stakeholders at macro and micro layers, and be able to produce insights and craft alliance programmes will render him/her be exceptionally successful.
• Digitally aware of B2B payment flows and appreciates business travel as an included but sometimes under-served aspect of a business/corporate’s total expenditure which can be better managed.