Director – Product & Portfolio Optimisation
- Seoul, South Korea
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Products & Portfolio Optimisation team develops products and value propositions aligned to Visa key client strategies and business plans, supporting its objectives around achieving Main Financial Institution, Top of Wallet credit acquisition and usage and driving Visa account spend of SME / Mid-Market portfolios. The role has a clear focus on delivering thought leadership on retail and corporate banking product development, channel acquisition, onboarding, activation and ongoing portfolio optimization utilizing Visa and industry resources
The Director – Product & Portfolio Optimisation takes ownership of the product relationship between Visa and key clients to ensure the mutual objectives of optimized Visa account engagement drives the respective increased payment volumes & support product initiatives. The overall goal will be to meet both organisations business objectives via the consumer and business use of Visa accounts issued by key clients
This role includes consulting on the development and subsequent execution of client business strategies, business plans, and projects which will deliver the number one cards experience globally. You will assist clients to build compelling business cases and potential investment opportunities for review with the client and Visa sponsors for relevant work streams.
- Develop and achieve client plan objectives through initiatives including but not limited to; optimise current state business, CVP development, acquisition, activation, spend and retention metrics for consumer credit, consumer debit, commercial cards and prepaid
- Establish and maintain positive, beneficial, and constructive relationships with client stakeholders
- Facilitate and direct internal Visa operations in response to specific client requests and ensure delivery of support to the client as and when required.
- Ongoing assessment and development of client Product CVPs across all five focus segments
- Initiate and own any product research to be undertaken for the client Product team through use of both client and Visa analytical tools to make proactive recommendations to client management
- Developing tool kits and comprehensive case studies demonstrating Visa best practice to the client
- Development and management of product reporting for the client
- Performs onsite expert support on Visa Portfolio Optimisation tools to enable client product management staff to conduct portfolio performance reviews, trend analysis and implement appropriate portfolio optimization actions
- Co-ordinate and present relevant business development and product implementation opportunities to the client
- Achieve specific client product and volume targets specifically payment volume (PV) and International Cash Targets.
- Participate in market analysis and product development strategy; develop and submit product strategy plans
- Degree qualified in Commerce, Economics or a similar field. Post graduate qualifications highly desired
- 12+ years of commercial experience including ideally 5+ years in Product Management or Management/Strategy Consulting within Financial Services or Payments
- Digital savvy – applying your knowledge to the way you work
- Proactive in building and managing strong and influencing relationships with internal counterparts and local peers presenting the client's perspective, effectively acting as the link for Global Best Practice into key clients
- Fluent in Korean and English, both written and verbal
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience delivering new and emerging payment solutions
- Strong knowledge of portfolio management practices across retail banking products
- An understanding of Payments and/or Consumer Banking and Unsecured Lending would be highly advantageous
- Highly organized, systematic in approach, managing a large number of concurrent initiatives