Consumer Product Director
- Seoul, South Korea
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The director will be responsible and accountable for defining, executing and further developing end-to-end strategy for Visa Korea Consumer Core Products (Credit, Debit, Prepaid) and for the Visa Cardholder Benefits Platforms (the Premium and the Young Premium) in line with Asia Pacific business strategy and direction. The role will also be responsible for ensuring Visa Core Products are appropriately positioned and actively promoted to clients with a purpose of growing and retaining Visa's competitive advantage in Korea. The incumbent will be leading and managing key projects for consumer core products, spanning between short-term activities and ongoing product strategy initiatives.
The director will collaborate with other functional departments (Sales, Marketing, Merchant Service, Corporate Relations, Risk, Government Relations) on the marketing, positioning and sales of Visa’s Consumer Credit and Debit products to maximize payment volume, profitability, market share and brand equity.
1. Lead and manage development of market insights and product intelligence for Korea
2. Identify and assess market and Clients opportunities to drive growth in the Core portfolios (Consumer Credit, Debit, Prepaid) with emphasis on premium products and travel related services. Clearly identify and communicate robust business benefits to support Clients and Visa business cases
3. Lead as a subject matter expert in product/portfolio strategy including new product development, cardholder loyalty and cross-border spending to ensure timely delivery of ideas and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders
4. Lead strategic alliance development and partner management for new business / product opportunities and cardholder benefits development
5. Generate ideas for product / services / platform enhancements and deliver ongoing competitive analysis of the market to ensure Visa’s top position in the market.
6. Develop and implement Visa Korea consumer product roadmap and drive new benefits strategy, design and execution. Build business case for new benefits, product features and capabilities
a) Strategize opportunities and review a line-up of global/regional and local platforms for the Country
b) Effectively manage external vendor/partner and collaborate with Marketing, PR, and Sales Team to create maximum efficiency and quality
c) Manage development of new value proposition by leveraging strategic alliance with merchants in key target industries (i.e. airlines, luxury brands, retail (on/offline), hotels, airport, etc.)
d) Actively solicit clients feedback on the Visa Product Platform for future enhancements
7. Disseminate product best practice to Korea teams and teams in other regions
• Bachelors degree or equivalent
• 15+ years of professional experience
• 10+ years of relevant business experiences, preferably in card product & marketing / retail banking / consumer products / premium marketing
• Excellent communication, writing & presentation skills both in Korean and English
• Knowledge of the economic drivers of the payment industry
• Good knowledge of product management and marketing
• Ability to work in a complex environment – internal metrics, vendor, and partners
• Proficient in MS office and internet
• Strong product & portfolio management experience with a proven track record of executing complex cross functional projects
• “Out-of’-box” thinking
• Communication, interpersonal, negotiation skills
• Agency and partner management skills
• Good working knowledge of marketing various product/platform/loyalty solutions