Product Marketing Director
- Shanghai, China
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Drive Visa China business growth via promoting Product team’s key initiatives (e.g. Contactless payment, Affluent Platform, Overseas Education products etc.) through B2B2C model based on consumer and client’s insights.
1. Work closely with Product team to develop Affluent Platform communication strategy and activation plan with flawless execution, focusing on premium dining experience
• Drive Visa brand premium image as well as card usage for overseas dining via developing integrated fine cuisine sponsorship campaign partnering with Dianping ‘Black Pearl’
• Support product team to launch Affluent Platform, including (but not limited to) launch event, creative assets development and promotion plan development & execution
• Work closely with Greater China and other key destination team to maximize the synergy of the promotion
• Drive both client and engagement via experiential marketing
• Understand Affluent’ insights via consumer research and Visa internal data.
2. Drive outbound PV via encouraging overseas students to pay examination fee/tuition/daily expense by Visa card
• Develop communication strategy and creative assets to support overseas education products launch based on consumers decision journey
• Develop promotion toolkit for client’s easier adaption and promote in their own channels
• Better understanding overseas students and their parents’ payment decision journey via qualitative and quantitative consumer research.
3. Digital Innovation communication and promotion support
• Support Product team to launch or promotion Visa key products with focus on digital payment solutions e.g. Contactless payment, Visa Check Out, token, and mobile solutions
• Support Product team to drive Visa digital platform (e.g. VOP, VLPS)
• Support Product team on digital platform partnership, e.g. Dianping.
• Work closely with Product team to develop China digital solutions.
• Actively engage cross function teams (Product/CRM, AP…) and agency partners to get alignment when developing promotion plan
• Coordinate on PR/Project Justification approval of all related jobs. Provide procurement support including WS, PO, payment etc.
• File keeping and documentation, maintain a proper filing system for all documents and advertising tear-sheets/supporting
• Other administrative work on BAU projects, make sure all process in order with accuracy and complete on time.
4. Financial reporting, Compliance and Auditing
• Support on Forecast, Accrual, Receiving procedures. Prepare the cost breakdown for the accurate Accrual review and expensing details
• Update Marketing calendars to record all change of dates, programs and budget allocations
• Closely work with all Marketing agencies to make sure their reporting and expense are timely, accurate, and compliance with Visa polices
• Process fund transfer documents and approval
• Proactive attitude
• Details orientated
• Project management skill
• Team Player / Good interpersonal skills
• Confidence and ability to coordinate internally and externally
• Branding, marketing and product marketing related experience
• Excellent EXCEL and Powerpoint skills
• Good analytical skills.
• Engineering and Business major preferred.
• Education: Bachelors’ or business/marketing or related field with marketing foundation; MBA is a plus.
• Solid knowledge of brand and product marketing
• A minimal 10 years marketing experience in the FMCG, retail, digital economy, technology service or financial industry.
• Demonstrated track record of planning, managing marketing initiative launches
• Proven understanding of China media environment specially on digital and social territories
• Proven track record managing agency partners and 3rd party technical vendors
• Strong project management skills focusing on quality of execution, delivery and compliance
• Strong business sense and ownership with focus on measurable results
• Demonstrated track record of analytical skills and data led strategy formulation
• Excellent time management skills and ability to achieve goals with minimal management oversight
• Good client management skills
• Strategic thinking and thought leadership
• Teamwork, interpersonal and ability to lead by influence and example
• Significant experience in marketing with a strong brand management and brand communication
• Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills