Sr. UI Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Core Design Engineering at Visa is looking for a Staff UI Engineer to join our team. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our applications and products. All of our team members are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who make every UX decision an informed one. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration and look for proven skills over big egos. Our team excels in working together and recognizing individual strengths, and values each contributor as a key factor in successfully delivering a project. If you understand “Yes, and” over “No” this is the team for you.
In this role, you will work closely with UX designers, software engineers and product owners to build pixel perfect layouts, user interface components, and single page applications for a variety of websites and applications. You will work on a very agile team and be expected to context shift quickly between projects.
- Analyze existing software for Usability and Accessibility issues and provide recommendations for improvement
- Work with a diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in web engineering and introduce them into projects when appropriate
- Evangelizing UI/UX front-end best practices and Accessibility for web
- Fielding inquiries and requests for support from stakeholders
- Work with Visa UX leadership team to attract, build, and maintain an engaged team of UX professionals across the globe
- Bachelor degree in CS, MIS, UX or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience required
- Experience implementing pixel perfect layouts and UI components using Angular or React (required)
- Experience building Single Page Applications that consume REST services (Required)
- Experience with one server-side web application framework and language like Ruby/Rails, C#/ASP.Net, JS/NodeJS, etc. (Required)
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML Prototypes (Required)
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time (Required)
- Web Standards and Accessibility Best Practices (Required)
- Ability to analyze written requirements and visually conceptualize the user interface and application flows (Required)
- Knowledge of Adobe products (Required)
- Responsive Design Principles (Required)
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”