Sr. Staff Systems Engineer - Hardware Specialist
- Ashburn, VA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We live in a world where our customers demand the highest levels of availability for the services they consume. Come join a highly dynamic, fast paced and challenging environment designing globally distributed, highly available infrastructure with the Windows Engineering team. The role will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology in support of globally distributed e-commerce and mobile platforms processing more than 1 billion transactions per year and driving the next generation of payments.
Windows Engineering team seeks a high caliber, proven engineering resource, with excellent technical acumen in the areas of server hardware architectures.
The ideal candidate will possess an analytical mind, excellent communication skills, and superior implementation experience with the desire and determination to grow the delivery of VISA’s distributed offerings.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field is required
- Ten or more years of solid experience working in complex / geographically distributed Microsoft Windows environments.
- Deep technical level knowledge designing high performing / highly available and secure computer systems using x86 based technologies (NVME of fabric, GPU, PCI-E, etc.)
- Deep technical level knowledge of Intel / AMD chip architectures including understanding L1 / L2 Cache
- Deep technical level knowledge of UEFI and BIOS and the implications these settings have on performance and security
- Expert level knowledge / experience installing, configuring, supporting and maintaining Windows Failover Clusters
- Expert level knowledge / experience in scripting using Powershell / VBScript or other scripting language
- Highly motivated, enterprising, excellent team player, also able to work autonomously
- Hands on experience in an IT Engineering role and established IT operations methodology experience (e.g. ITSM/ITIL)
- Proven accomplishments and success in customizing, integrating and implementing enterprise solutions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.