Senior Director – Visa Direct Digital Disbursements - New Markets
- San Francisco, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy.
Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world.
Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Direct is rapidly expanding to new markets and use cases. We’re looking for someone to join the NA Digital Disbursements team to work on expanding Visa Direct Merchant Programs and Solutions into new marketplaces and industry verticals. As a Senior Director, you will work closely with various teams across Visa to successfully develop solutions and partnerships to scale our business.
Specifically, we feel that each use case has its own challenges and opportunities, and that these are best addressed by a strong product team.
As one of the most diverse roles at Visa, you will excel at handling ambiguity and uncertainty. You know what it is like to start something from scratch, grow it structurally and methodically. We are looking for people who have been directly involved in scaling a business or product from inception.
Visa Direct is an innovative and technical product and a strong sense of the payments ecosystem, our partners, how to market and adapt our product to different segments is key.
- Drive Merchant Programs and Product Solutions for Visa Direct into specific B2C and B2B use cases including GIG Economy, On Demand (Transport, Food, Retail, Labor, Services, Payroll), eCommerce Marketplaces, Digital platforms and developer payouts
- Ownership and accountability for creating Visa Direct vertical strategies, engaging Visa sales teams, driving growth, managing the business scorecard and vertical P&L
- Launch packaged push payments solutions by configuring the Visa Direct Platform, Visa API’s, Digital Assets and capabilities, external technology and Fintech partners.
- Develop strategic pricing and deal incentives to support Visa Merchant partner programs to win RFPs and client deals.
- Support high priority merchants with solution design support, business architecture and UX best practices to accelerate client program launches, conversion and performance.
- Coordinate work across Visa’s internal teams such as Product, Marketing, Design, Sales, Operations, CSS, and Legal to manage market deployments.
- Develop deep expertise in the Visa Direct Technology Stack, Visa’s Digital Assets/Capabilities and our Processing and Acquiring partner ecosystem
- Engage with Marketing and Client Delivery teams to produce sales materials, reference apps, toolkits, sales training to ignite sales teams within Visa and our distribution partners such as treasury banks, acquirers and claims payment processors.
- Know the funnel inside and out: track the way clients interact with our product, and make it easier for clients to launch successful Merchant Programs; work closely with ecosystem partners on strategic client pilot programs and to assess our internal or inbound sales funnel and optimize it as needed.
- Research and Analysis how users make their payments decisions and figure out how best to reach them at different stages of the customer lifecycle.
- Work to localize the product where needed through coordination with the product team to create the best experience possible for cardholders and clients.
Experience & Requirements:
- Thrives in an autonomous, results-focused environment
- Is action-oriented and able to coordinate complex projects across multiple teams
- Is a structured and analytical thinker that uses data to make decisions.
- Has 12+ years of experience in strategy, operations or project management
- Has extensive experience working in Financial Services or Payments
- Has experience in a startup or technology company.
- Project management skills to initiate and drive efforts to completion, working with a wide variety of roles across the company
- Work closely with product, design, PR, engineering, sales and partnerships to develop and execute commercialization plans; develop product deployment and Visa Direct materials.
- Packaging Visa Direct to both Merchants and Acquirers/Processors teams in product, finance, accounting, etc; help translate technical content to a variety of audiences and verticals.
- Help plan and execute use case launches in North America, coordinating with our Marketing and Sales operations teams.
- You feel comfortable communicating with customers and partners. You’re able to explain complex issues in clear, non-technical language.
- You have successfully led growth efforts. You know how to segment a market and prioritize appropriately.
- You love the details. To scale a great product means you care about every nuance of the experience and product packaging.
- You love having data to back up an argument. You’re a strong believer in knowing the numbers and what they mean. You are highly analytical.
- You are naturally curious. If something seems off, you want to figure out what is going on and fix it.
- You can think globally, act locally, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.