Associate Sourcing Analyst
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa’s card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in more than 200 countries and territories.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 9,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage daily activities within the purchasing process, ensuring procurement of supplies, equipment, and services for businesses/business partners in accordance to Purchasing policies and procedures.
- Verify purchase requests for accuracy, completion, required approvals, and compliance with contract. Follows-up with stakeholders to properly complete requests.
- Verify risk has been assessed for each purchase and identify potential risks that have been added to a project without a risk assessment
- Interact with vendors to resolve transactional issues on a daily basis.
- Coordinate with sourcing analysts and category managers to assist in sourcing initiatives.
- Ensure accuracy of order placement to contract as well as terms and conditions with the vendor.
- Address all inquiries on order status of product and services.
- Collaborate with business units and other stakeholders to resolve discrepancies related to procurement issues.
- Perform administrative duties including drafting of Work Statements, metrics reporting, data entry into different procurement systems.
- Interface with Accounts Payable for payment issues relating to vendors.
- Draft and execute low to moderately complex contracts and orders.
- Respond to inquiries and issues from internal customers related to services provided by the Buying Center.
- Prioritize requests from internal customers into urgent vs. non-urgent requests.
- Deliver procurement and systems support to internal customers over the phone and via email in an effective and efficient manner.
- Troubleshoot internal customer issues regarding the services provided by Procurement Operations.
- Document the problem and provide appropriate follow up to meet internal customer service levels.
- 3+ years of experience as a sourcing and/or procurement professional, preferably with a major financial institution or payment card company
- Bachelor's degree
- SAP Ariba knowledge a plus
- Spanish, written and spoken is a huge plus
- 3+ years of procurement transaction processing experience in shared services or centralized procurement operations center
- In-depth understanding of company policies and procedures and their application to the processing of center transactions (e.g. processing purchase requisitions, processing purchase orders, modifying purchase orders, executing bidding for small dollar transactions, executing RFP's, as required)
- Proven track record of successfully executing multiple types of transactions simultaneously
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on course of action
- Knowledgeable about contract terms and conditions
- Experience managing internal customers and users who interact with the Buying Center (e.g. customer care, customer help, phone based training, coaching and guidance)
- High level of self-motivation and initiative, and ability to operate effectively as a team player
- Understanding of process mapping and continuous improvement methodologies
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Professional accreditation in sourcing or procurement a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.