SW Test Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies. Behind the Visa brand are more than 5,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world. The Issuer Processing Software Test team is part of Visa's Global Development group. We deliver quality services and solutions using best-in-class processes, methodologies, and technology with our worldwide workforce. We are an integral part of revenue-generating areas within the company. This team is dedicated to its customers and to building on past achievements. We are committed to leveraging innovative technology to enhance quality and to accelerate time-to-market. Visa has one of the most visible and most used comprehensive payment systems in the world. It is an exciting time for any professional to join the Software Test Team.
We have an excellent software test team, and we're looking for someone who wants to excel. We’re looking for anyone who has great analytical skills, ideas to innovate, and strong interpersonal skills. This role allows you to innovate and make it happen! You will have great flexibility in designing new ways of testing and formulate robust and efficient ways of testing. You will be responsible for performing Functional and Automation testing for Issuer processing applications. You will be interfacing directly with staff members of Quality Assurance, Product Management, Project Management, and Development. You will receive hands on training and invaluable experience by working with experts side by side to gain knowledge and experience while working for a Great company!
* Recent college graduates looking to start working in 2015
* Except in exceptional circumstances, undergraduate candidates who will require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future will not be considered for this position
* Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
* Proficiency in at least one programming language or technology including, but not limited, to Java, C++, C#
* The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
* Strong ability to collaborate
* Highly driven and resourceful
* Basic understanding and knowledge of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
* 0 to 12 months of experience in the software engineering field as an Intern
* Knowledge in Testing Methodologies is a Plus
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Responsible for programming test conditions, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of systems application software
* Create system and testing design documentation per department standards.
* Support collection and reporting of project and software metrics.
* Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
* Work with Development and Project Management teams to ensure the issues are resolved in a timely manner
* Communicate status frequently to everyone in the team
* Support and validate feature releases