Staff Network Engineer Corporate Office and 3rd Party WAN
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
In the role of Staff Network Engineer - Corporate and 3rd Party WAN, you will deploy global carrier services and supports requests from Corporate Global Real-estate/Corporate Information Technology for lifecycle (MACD) WAN connectivity support of Coporate Offices in the North America, AP, CEMEA and LAC. You will support the Coporate WAN integration of acquired companies to the Visa Technology & technology design model. This role also supports WAN technology lifecycle migrations (e.g., 1Gb EPL (point-to-point to MPLS) to improve Corporate WAN connectivty. This role further supports the demand for 3rd Party WAN connectivity.
- Work with a geographically diverse set of technical teams to design and implement telecommunications solutions for Commercial client network connectivity for Visa’s issuers/banks and merchants/acquirers
- Serve as liaison between Visa’s Global Network Engineering team and Visa’s Client Services (account teams) regarding technical design requirements and circuit delivery status
- Manage end-to-end circuit provisioning process with the telecommunications carriers, including the project management of service delivery
- Responsible for assuring quality, timeliness, best-cost, and path diversity for all sites
- Serve as an internal consultant within the Network Engineering and Operations organization to collaborate with engineers and architects to analyze opportunities to improve network availability, service delivery timelines, and cost across the WAN
- At least 5 years’ experience in infrastructure/network environments and designing, planning, documenting, and implementing networks using latest technology
- Bachelor's degree (required) and preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems is preferred
- Solid understanding of network WAN technologies (MPLS, Ethernet, TDM) and have experience with the telco circuit provisioning process and service delivery life-cycle
- Preference to extensive experience working for/with telecommunications carriers in a circuit design/delivery role
- Strong project management skills (PMP is a plus)
- Solid engineering knowledge of network hardware, specifically Cisco routers and switches, with a strong focus on data center technology
- Understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols
- Experience in high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments
- Self-sufficient with the ability to make engineering decisions within the documented configuration requirements and control processes
- Must be able to communicate and work effectively with implementation teams, customer relations, and internal/external customers to engineer solutions to meet the needs of all stakeholders
- Advanced process orientation and exhibited planning, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal in English) skills
- Expert level vendor network certifciation
- Network Security experience
- CCNA or CCNP Routing and Switching certification
- ITIL certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Network Tools (Java, Java Script, Python and/or PHP)
- Master’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Information Security
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
This position must sit onsite in Highlands Ranch, CO. No telework or telecommute option available.