Senior Director, HRBP - Business Functions (Product)
- Foster City, CA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers,
businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries
and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar
with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and
security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa is seeking a Senior Director, Human Resources Business Partner to act as the primary business partner to support clients within the Business Functions organization. This individual will act as a strategic thought partner to the executives and will have a business-focused mindset to help translate business objectives to human capital strategies. The individual will have responsibility for clients in multiple geographic locations and partner with the HR leadership team on planning and delivering HR programs and services to the business. The HRBP will operate as a trusted advisor and business partner to functional executives serving as the expert on people and organizational issues. The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic payments space and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant change; employing only the necessary HR processes that enable the organization to innovate and grow.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to senior leadership focused on a transformational talent agenda designed to attract, develop and retain the best talent in the Technology industry
- Understand business strategies and how to develop high impact human capital solutions
- Have a data driven mindset to assess organizational metrics and provide insights to the business
- Consistently measures effectiveness of HR initiatives and programs to ensure they are delivering desired outcomes
- Help foster a culture of innovation, in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security and reliability
- Lead the human resources organization within client groups to develop and execute initiatives to become an Employer of Choice in the Technology industry.
- Provide daily support to managers with employee attraction, development, and retention issues which may include:
- Annual reviews
- Leadership coaching
- Career pathing
- Advanced HR reporting and metrics
- Special project assistance
- Closely partners with HR Centers of Excellences and other HRBPs to deliver superior results to the business
- Experience designing and delivering programs in the following areas:
- Workforce Planning
- Talent Management
- Change Management
- Leadership Development
- Employee Engagement
- Cultural Change
- Organizational Design
- Have executive presence and strong communication skills to partner with senior levels of management
- Strong collaboration skills within and outside of HR
- Serve as a role model and thought leader on Human Capital issues and coaches other HRBPs in their development
- Bachelor’s degree is required. An MBA or master’s degree, in a related field, is preferred
- 8-13 years of experience in an innovative business. Preference for experience in the Technology industry working in progressive HR models
- Manage medium to enterprise-wide projects/initiatives with minimal supervision
- Experience in working effectively across all levels of an organization
- Hands on approach willing to roll up sleeves to deliver results
- Successful implementation of operational and strategic programs and processes across a dispersed region
- Ability to assess an organization, identify gaps, and develop solutions
- Possess strong influencing and interpersonal skills, honed in a demanding and high performing work environment
Critical Competencies for Success
Relationship Building / Influencing: Demonstrate effective and appropriate influencing skills with senior management/partners, combining high-level human capital knowledge with deep organizational understanding. Build strong relationships with solid trust and mutual respect as the foundation. Leverage strong judgment skills to make decisions. Instinctively know when and how to introduce change, in such a way that it is broadly accepted and institutionalized.
Strong Intellect: Bright individual, with ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgment. Quick study, able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously. Able to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as tactical operational details.
Highly Ethical: Can be trusted to do only the “right thing” for the employees, shareholders, and others. Follows a balanced approach without compromising integrity.
Values and Leadership: Demonstrates alignment to Visa’s Values (Integrity, Clients, People, Collaboration, Innovation and Excellence). Demonstrates commitment to growing and developing internal talent.
Results Oriented: Energetic, resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence. Enjoys working hands-on.
Change Agent: Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day HR matters. Able to anticipate risks and propose practical plans to mitigate them. Appreciates HR’s impact and how HR is an integral part of the company’s business strategy.
Low Ego: Puts needs of the business ahead of him/herself. Operates in a transparent fashion without a personal agenda. Possesses a well-developed sense of humor and listens first.
Self-starter: Able to challenge the status-quo sensitively and constructively. Intellectually agile, self-confident and highly articulate.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.