Intern - Software Engineer
- Foster City, CA, USA
We are looking for a talented, technical, proactive, energetic, and passionate person who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver. You will be a part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of REST Service APIs, Back-end Batching applications, and Web Front-End User Interfaces that are highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust. You will own and drive projects from start (gathering requirements) to finish (release into production).
We are an Agile Scrum development shop with 2 week iterations. Team consists of a Dev Manager, QA Manager, developers, QA engineers, scrum master, and product owner with local Configuration Management and Database Engineering support.
As a Intern / Software Engineer, you will be part of our Merchant Acquirer and Processing Product Development team. Key responsibilities include -
· Work with product owners to refine business requirements
· Analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable
· Provide technical documentation of solutions
· Present and communicate solution to both technical and nontechnical stakeholders
· Knowledgeable of data technologies and solutions
· Work with full stack development - back end, middle tier, and client side
· Debugging and providing solutions for complicated issues
· Participate in demos and code reviews
· Multi-task and support multiple teams
· Enforce software best practices, standards and processes
· You’ll leverage on new technologies to build the next generation of tools.
· You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages, operating systems and Databases.
· Your DNA would include following and creating software best practices and processes.
· You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
- You have hands-on experience in designing and building applications using ReactJS, Redux (or any similar UI stack), Java, Java EE
- You have knowledge of REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies like Docker.
- You have knowledge/experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Crucible, Sonar, Junit
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
- You have a strong work ethic to focus on our goals.
- You have the passion to work with people and to strive to improve our products and services!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.