Staff Systems Engineer - VIP Systems and Middleware
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our world-class talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The VIP Systems and Middleware department, is part of the Network Processing Platform & Reliability Engineering organization. We are responsible for the z/TPF Operating Systems development and support as well as strategic infrastructure projects related to the VIP Payment Application.
We are looking for a talented, technical, proactive, energetic, and passionate person who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver. You will be a Senior Mainframe Systems Engineer working with z/TPF Internals. Objective is to provide a high quality technical expertise and guidance for applications running on this platform. Effectively communicating issues, solutions and performance/capacity metrics; and maintaining the stability of the platform through build, test, and production phases. As a Mainframe Systems Engineer, you will work with other System Engineers, Applications Programmers, and support teams to perform daily activities ranging in complexity and be responsible for the installation, configuration, upkeep and reliable operation of one or more environments. You will own and drive projects from start (gathering requirements) to finish (release into production).
- Work with product owners and subject matter experts to refine business requirements.
- Analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable.
Develop proof of concepts, working with team to research and assess, identify architectural impacts, and effects on tooling.
- Provide technical documentation of solutions.
- Break down architected solution into smaller, achievable tasks.
- Lead a team of your peers and less seasoned developers to accomplish common goals.
- Present and communicate solution to both technical and nontechnical stakeholders.
- Manage z/TPF PUT Process- Configure, building and execution of systems.
- Work with z/TPF Systems Internals, perform routine maintenance, updates, and enhancements.
- Ensure Support levels are meet, including debugging and providing solutions for complicated issues.
- Participate in demos and code reviews.
- Multi-task and support multiple teams.
- Enforce software best practices, standards and processes.
- Develop, Maintain and support Developer tools on multiple platforms, z/VM, z/Linux, Linux, z/OS.
B.S. in Computer Science and 10+ years of z/TPF Mainframe System Engineering and Software Development Experience or M.S with 10+ years of z/TPF Mainframe Software Development Experience
- Expert knowledge with z/TPF Technologies, Assembler and C/C++ Programming Services
- z/TPF Control Program, use of CP User Exits
- z/TPF Offline, Data Reduction on z/OS, identifying and remediating performance bottlenecks using performance tooling and reports.
- z/TPF Structured Macros
- The z/TPF APAR download processing and related tools
- z/TPF Development Environments-
- Expert in creation, support and maintenance of Developer Tools using, Linux, PHP, Perl, HTML, MYSQL and WebSphere
- Provide 3rd level on-call support and 24 x 7 support for SME areas – calm analysis, diagnostic skills and ability to engage other resources, follow-up with Coverage, Operations and other groups
- Strong working knowledge of Jira, Bitbucket, Eclipse and other Development tools running on Linux.
- Expert diagraming solutions (flow, block, logical)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.