Staff Systems Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon
Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that
Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our
global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global
payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet
network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses
around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and
checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with
partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services
join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™
World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world.
If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the
world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career.
Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar
on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all
over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to
Systems Engineer (Java/Linux): Big Data Platform
- Will work as a Big Data Platform Developer/Engineer for Operations Solutions Engineering Team.
- Will be responsible to provide E2E Solutions for new Projects/POC(s), In-House products.
- Will be responsible to build interface, tune and perform operational efficiency on Real Time Messaging and Batch Cluster.
- Will be responsible to build the Dashboards, Open Source Grid, automate and monitor health of the Operational clusters and build the monitoring tool.
- Will be responsible to work closely with the development and application support teams to deliver/resolve issues as part of engineering and operations.
- Will contribute on the Apache Open Source Products
Strong Engineer/Developer with the below qualification is required to apply for this position:
- Graduate in Engineering or related technical field.
- 10+ years of development experience in Java/J2EE.
Expert knowledge and hands on experience in JAVA which includes:
- Collection Frameworks
- Thread Management
- Abstraction, Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Garbage Collection
- Java 8 features e.g
> forEach method in Iterable interface
> default and static methods in Interfaces
>Functional Interfaces and Lambda Expressions
>Java Stream API for Bulk Data Operations on Collections
- Solid understanding and Hands On experience in JMS (Java Messaging Service) and integrate with Message Driven Bean(EJB) and SOA services
- Solid understanding on Design Pattern principles which is used across enterprise
- Knowledge of SOA (building REST/SOAp APIs)
- Good understanding of any Middleware Stack
- Good exposure in delivering projects under Agile methodologies
- Knowledge in Big Data Environment i.e. Kafka is a plus.
- Experience in Unix/Linux shell scripting is a plus.
- Experience with GIT, Jira and Jenkins environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of Angular JS framework is plus.
- Work independently, driving projects end-to-end experience is plus.
- Working experience with globally distributed team is a plus.
- “Java Development Certification” is required.
- “Hadoop Development Certification” is good to have.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.