Senior Sourcing Analyst, Procurement Operations
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa’s card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in more than 200 countries and territories.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 9,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The primary purpose of this position is to maximize the value and minimize the risk associated with contracting and procurement-related activities. This position will manage daily activities within the purchasing process, ensuring procurement of supplies, equipment, and services for businesses/business partners in accordance with Purchasing policies and procedures.
- Engages and establishes business partnerships with cross functional leadership across Visa to collaborate, influence, and support sourcing strategies
- Solicit suppliers/vendors for materials/products/services through analysis, preparation and administration of quotes as well as negotiations to achieve favorable terms on quality, delivery and price, ensure end-user needs are met and deliver substantial cost savings on a consistent basis.
· Reviews and approves contracts in accordance to Global Sourcing policies, procedures and standard terms and conditions.
· Applies knowledge of contract law in contract activities.
· Collaborate with legal and other company departments and functional stakeholders to analyze risks and develop language to minimize exposure. Facilitate the supplier selection and negotiation process. Negotiate contractual terms in partnership with business owners. Coordinate with Category Managers to support sourcing initiatives.
· Communicates effectively and frequently, listens carefully, and actively seeks and values the perspectives of others.
· Builds effective relationships with external suppliers to support category strategies.
· Put in place contracts for purchases and spot buys when no existing contract exists.
- Deliver support to internal customers in an effective and efficient manner.
- Interact with vendors to resolve transactional issues on a daily basis.
- Ensure that Global Sourcing enhances its buying power based on activities across all areas, leveraging Visa’s global buying power and ensuring improvement opportunities at all times.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience as a sourcing and/or procurement professional, preferably with a major financial institution or payment card company.
· Knowledgeable about contract terms and conditions.
- In-depth understanding of Procurement policies and procedures and their application to the processing of center transactions (e.g. processing purchase requisitions, processing purchase orders, modifying purchase orders, executing bidding for transactions, and executing RFP’s, as required).
- Extensive experience with contract negotiations and drafting. (i.e. Statements of Work, Master Agreements, SaaS and SLSA)
- Strong analytical, financial modeling and problem solving skills.
· High level of self-motivation and initiative, and ability to operate as an effective team player.
· Ability to identify and pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously and deliver superior results.
· Strong planning and organization skills and business judgment, including the ability to anticipate the impact of decisions/initiatives.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Candidate must be driven, self-motivated, and a strong team player.
- Previous sourcing experience managing moderate to highly complex relationships.
- Proficiency in purchasing systems and organizational interfaces (including Ariba and Oracle).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
· Professional accreditation in sourcing, procurement or purchasing a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.