Senior Director - Technical Account Management - Client Support Services
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Client Support Services (CSS) provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to sales, product and technology, bringing the voice-of-the-customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition to support client implementation of Visa products & services globally, CSS is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. The team also provides support for Visa’s DPS, Cybersource and Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
- The Technical Account Management (TAM) function is a newly created function within Client Support Services. The TAM team will be integral to our ability to focus more strategically on our Clients by allowing our Account Managers to work jointly with this team on the more involved operational issues.
- This new group will initially be comprised of subject matter experts and a Senior Director lead. The vision going forward is to develop a team focused on our core capabilities for second level support for authorization processing, clearing and settlement as well as digital services
- Leads Asia Pacific’s Client Support Services (“CSS”) Technical Account Management Team and reports into the Vice President PAN Regional Accounts.
- The TAM team is a team of professionals recognized as the Visa authority for Client operational business within Visa and the business units of Client organizations.
- The TAM lead has overall responsibility for the all Second Line Support and Specialised Product Services (“SPS”) for AP region and is recognized as one of the Visa authorities on the Clients, and AP markets’ operational and processing business
- Provides functional and technical leadership for all Second Line Support and SPS activities for Clients, orchestrating cross functional delivery of systems and services to Clients; deploys client support strategies for complex client technical and operational issues while also delivering effective, efficient and consultative support and project management that aligns to Visa and Client business goals and objectives
- Provides leadership to direct reports and cross-functional staff and management to ensure effective resolution of processing and business issues with potential of significant financial implications. Builds a strong and cohesive team by providing leadership to People Managers, Individual Contributors, and staff through coaching, setting strategic direction and applying working knowledge of Visa and Visa products, systems and procedures
- Ensures that the team provides leadership and consulting related to clients/market to internal stakeholder organizations including: Sales, Product, Systems, Risk and Legal.
- Establishes and fosters relationships with Client and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff, senior and executive management. Provides thought leadership and strategic guidance during the solution development process to ensure all necessary tools, processes, procedures and staff are in place to provide outstanding client support
KEY WORK OUTPUTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and management for a team by establishing a customer focused, performance based culture
- Directs Client Support Second Line and SPS resources in Singapore to ensure that all Product, Sales and Client initiatives are successfully supported and that business goals are supported in a cost effective, timely manner, with a resulting high level of client satisfaction
- Ensure the team is broadly engaged with all internal, global stakeholder organizations including CSS, Sales, Product, Systems, Risk and Legal
- Support Client Sales in sales efforts, providing service standards as required for the support of market specific products and services
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of performance, cost effectiveness and compliance in delivery of support services to Visa clients
- Maintain and build rapport with Client Support teams across all other Visa geographies to exchange, learn and leverage best practices and augment with professional practices of other leading companies
- Drive creation and delivery of opportunities for optimizing Clients’ operational performance for the mutual benefit of Clients and Visa
- Provides thought leadership for matrixed CSS client facing functions to ensure alignment with Sales and client/market needs
- Leverages and influences the resources within each Client Support Services functional, staff through business leadership
- Responsible for resource forecasting to accomplish deliverables
- Prime accountability for client satisfaction with client support services and operational relationships in Asia Pacific.
- Develops and executes operational support services deliverables in client and country account plans/strategies
- Internal and external escalation point for critical operational decisions affecting cardholder and merchant acceptance
- High effect on Visa Inc. revenue and expenses as related to client, client satisfaction and retention, client processing effectiveness, new products/services roll out and changes
- Drives problem and communication management for any critical issue affecting client, or client issue affecting Visa
- Key business leadership function within AP with direct responsibility for a team of ten. The team will expand a grow as we build out our second level support model..
- Performs new product/support impact assessments required to ensure overall effectiveness of the client support organization, creating or contributing to business cases as required
- Role requires significant interaction and subject matter expertise in a number of broad areas with unique requirements across the globe (e.g. Market and Client business drivers, Product variations, BER support practices, Tools, Training, etc.)
- Requires interaction with resources at all levels of the organization, both internally at Visa and externally with the client, ranging from individual contributor project resources to senior executives
Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
Years of Experience
- A minimum of 15+ years of success in progressive leadership roles in client facing roles in the payments industry
- Functional experience in bankcard operations, preferably Visa, supporting highly complex clients and/or services
- Experience leading and managing a team of technical and/or professional services professionals
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at senior and executive management levels.
- In depth knowledge of Visa systems including authorization & clearing systems, client connectivity, Visa Settlement Service.
- Working knowledge of payments network and processing services – message routing, STIP, clearing and settlement.
- Working knowledge of Client business drivers for their operations and processing businesses.
- Demonstrated, detailed knowledge of the full breadth of systems, products and services offered by Visa
- Customer service and client focus
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Sales support
- Project management
- Strong oral and written communications
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Complex analysis
- Proven track record of leading and driving teams to achieve and exceed established goals and objectives.
- Executive presence
- Experience shaping and delivering professional services delivery strategy.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.