Technical Product Manager (REF9890K) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (DDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
You may have noticed that payment has become a very active/hot area in the last several years. Given the strong demands and innovation, this will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is clearly a very strong leader in the payment industry, and is in a fast pace of technology transformation. For a payment system to work well, advanced technologies such as data platform, big data, data mining, machine learning,
cloud, etc. are critical. In VISA, we have all of these.
The Reliability Engineering Operations team is dedicated to developing advanced technology (e.g. TIme Series Anomaly detection, Cloud, Machine Learning and Big Data), systems and services to make data secure, rich, high quality, and fast therefore enabling Visa the ability to leverage its time series data assets to perform anomaly detection, alerting and visualization.
The Technical Product Management (TPM) team is responsible for defining the next generation of Visa's Data Platform including the Data Platform as a Service. This position will report to the Director of Site Reliability Engiineering (SRE) of Visa's Digital And Developer Platfrom (DDP) division.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong technical background in cloud, big data, large scale platforms, machine learning, etc. and is a thought leader, who is very familiar with up to date development in the industry in these areas. He/she will also have exceptional organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, be an analytical and structured thinker and have significant experience in customer/partner interaction, management and software solution delivery. The position will be based in Visa’sFoster City office.
- Key contributor to help drive the strategy for our centralized software platforms for processing, managing, and serving data to the entire company
- Key contributor to defining the strategy of the data platform by partnering with other leaders in the DDP organization.
- Define the site reliabiilty engineering product roadmap by partnering with other leaders in DDP and keep it up to date while the needs of the company evolve, the industry evolves and our development progresses.
- Define products and services including the scope and prioritization of features of DDP SRE in an agile way while the needs and development evolve. Influence product and technology strategy and direction, and product/user experience
- Define success metrics and SLAs on the key products and services
- Work closely with business analysts, and engineers to facilitate and guide the product development process
- Work with operation and engineering teams to develop and roll out operational support models for Data Platform’s products and services.
- Data mining, preprocessing, predictive analytics, machine learning/AI, algorithm development
- Understanding of Neural network models, Tensor Flow
- Working knowledge of Cloudera DS Workbench or MLFlow or equivalent
- Strong experience in design, implementation and sustaining of new data solutions for Visa's Operations by using R, SAS, Python, Java, HTTP, JSON, REST
- MS degree is required. Concentration in Computer Science, Business, or a related technical discipline. MBA and/or advanced technology degree is a plus
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation and accountability
- Strong technical experience in the areas of cloud, big data, machine learning, large scale platform and data API
- Strong product management experience on a large production line
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment and across various time zones
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with clients and partners at all levels
- Outstanding communications skills with a diverse customer audience, including C-level executives, product, and technical stakeholders
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills
- Solid understanding of business
- Solid understanding of Data security, Data Quality, Business Activity Monitoring and
SLA driven insight delivery
- Fast learner on both technical side and business side
- Broad knowledge of state of the art industry development
- Strong customer centric mindset
- More than comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Proactive sense of urgency and 'can do' attitude
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.