Global Consumer Insights Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. Our network – VisaNet processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and NFL, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Do you have a passion for delving into data to find connections that spark amazing insights that drive business results? Do you seek out challenging work that will flex your intellectual muscles? If you do and you like to collaborate with similar minded people, the Global Voice of the Consumer team has an exciting opportunity for you to use your skills to uncover insights about our brand, advertising and consumer payment habits and practices that will provide positive impact and momentum for our company and brand.
This role is responsible for research project management, data analysis and other global initiative support within the Global Voice of the Consumer team. This role reports to the Sr. Director – Voice of the Consumer. The role supports the broader Global Voice of the Consumer team in a variety of activities that may include research project management, statistical analysis, developing presentations for external clients and internal audiences, knowledge share collateral, data queries using various databases and other tasks as identified by leadership. The position will be based at Visa's headquarters in Foster City, California. Under the direction of the Sr. Director – Voice of the Consumer, you will:
• Scope and conduct analyses, translate your findings into a set of initial insights, and create compelling, visual graphic displays and presentations
• Extract insights that inform and drive key strategic Visa priorities using various data sources and identify trends and anomalies
• Find opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users
• Work closely with marketing data management colleagues and research suppliers to develop and operationalize dashboards to support a wide range of clients
• Become an expert on brand health and marketing campaign measurement
• Become an invaluable project management resource for studies covering a variety of topics brand health, advertising measurement, product development, consumer attitudes and usage, and client engagement.
We are looking for an experienced market research professional who has advanced experience with SAS or SPSS, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Project. Strong practical knowledge of SQL, Tableau or R is helpful. We seek a strong analytic thinker who is looking for their next opportunity to grow and further develop their career. The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Psychology, Marketing, Consumer Behavior or related field required
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in marketing, consulting or market research / insights, marketing analytics, corporate or agency with experience conducting analysis of primary quantitative market research data; experience with large consumer transactional databases is a plus
• Foundational understanding of branding, advertising (traditional and digital), marketing concepts and strategy a plus; Background in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
• Intellectually curious and analytically rigorous, strong attention to detail, a sense of urgency, a proactive approach, Excel and PowerPoint power user; strong planner and problem solver; Must display strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to translate analyses into easily digestible stories for senior management consumption; Must be fluent in English
• Exemplary interpersonal skills, relationship building and team work; Ability to manage through ambiguity; Display organization dexterity
• Exceptional project management
This is a unique opportunity to contribute data-led insights used to influence and shape the future of Visa brand, advertising and client relationships. The opportunity also will provide you an opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of the payments industry. Come join our challenging, dynamic environment where you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented research and marketing professionals in the industry.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.